Patrol Build Update

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a perfect example of a meticulous restoration. I have been following this project from before the beginning. Zed is quite modest, and he doesn't boast about the true effort that he has/is putting into this restoration. He has spent thousands of hours researching parts, asking questions, requesting samples, scrutinizing pictures, searching far and wide to locate parts, etc. to be sure that this restoration is as accurate as he can get it. I have referred to him as being anal at times.  ;)  A true labor of love and dedication. This will be one of the nicest Patrols in North America when he finishes it.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Nicely done Keith, looks absolutely outstanding. I don't know about the nicest Patrol in N. America, that is a big cup to fill but it certainly will be in the top 20 nicest ones! 

Did you do anything to the suspension? Stock leaves? Clearance between bump stops and frame/axles? Can't say I have ever seen a 50yr old Patrol (or any truck for that matter) that didn't have sagged leaf springs after 50yrs but your's doesn't look to bad. Top should be same color as body to be 100% correct for a 69 but I like white tops on a Patrol, probably more than the solid body color. 

So what did you do besides body and paint? Care to give us a short list in the restoration? Three years in the making, I know all about that! Should be a fun summer in 2015 for you! 

Cheers

• 3 months later...

This is a perfect example of a meticulous restoration. I have been following this project from before the beginning. Zed is quite modest, and he doesn't boast about the true effort that he has/is putting into this restoration. He has spent thousands of hours researching parts, asking questions, requesting samples, scrutinizing pictures, searching far and wide to locate parts, etc. to be sure that this restoration is as accurate as he can get it. I have referred to him as being anal at times.  ;)  A true labor of love and dedication. This will be one of the nicest Patrols in North America when he finishes it.  :thumbup:

I would of liked this statement twice if I could have . What a sweet looking patrol you've built , Very nice job !