Keep them Running!

1979 Datsun 810

Just got this 79 810 Coupe 5 speed......

It need a complete restoration,Sat for 16 years.......

Where I can find parts for it??

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Here is some pictures!

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01042.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

• Like 2

Get in contact with a member named Z-Train. 

If I recall, he lives in your neck of the woods. 

That thing is in great shape. Makes it to be an easy start. 

Good looking car! Welcome :)

Lovn all the 810's poppn up!!

Great to see another 810 got saved, you will find that 810 parts are gonna be pretty hard to find I agree with flatcat get ahold of Z-Train he's gonna be your best bet for parts for a coupe.

Thanks guys for the info and the nice comments.

What' kind of parts are you looking for maybe if I spot something you need I'll let you know, I'm always looking for extra parts for my 810 as well as parts from overseas.

What' kind of parts are you looking for maybe if I spot something you need I'll let you know, I'm always looking for extra parts for my 810 as well as parts from overseas.

Thanks bud for the reply....first I want a dash pad or cap as a starter,I will be making a list of what I need in coming few days.

Jamal

Thanks bud for the reply....first I want a dash pad or cap as a starter,I will be making a list of what I need in coming few days.

Jamal

That's gonna be a really tough find, I'll keep my eyes open either way. I know for a fact they never made a cap cover for our cars like they do for Z cars, a while back there used to be a website called OEM surplus no longer active that other 810 owners made to sell extra parts. Keep you eyes on the junkyards could find another 810 with good dash. Just keep in mind these are pretty uncommon cars so parts are gonna be a PITA to find.

Best would be to find a parts car with every thing you need. Go over your car and make a list of what you need and keep it with you. There's probably lots of non running 810s out there but probably forgotten in some back yard. You will have to find them. The owners probably have given up but willing to get rid of. Just remember they are not worth what the sentimental owner often things they are worth. On the other hand I've had cars given to me just for removing them. In spare time drive down alleys looking into back yards. Take different routes home. Any car you see from a distance with four round headlights... worth taking a better look. Ask around, check craigslists. 

• Like 1

Your not going to find a dash pad. Best bet is to fix the cable with one from a bicycle. Go to other data une check out my old build page to see how I kinda made my dash pad look more bearable. I have tails and a deck lid for the coupe for sale. Other odds and ends too

Thanks guys for the advices.......

nismosilvia where I can see the tails?Also I searched and I can't find your posts for the dashpad and your for sale posts!

Thanks again

Jamal

He probably doesn't have them posted here on the forum. To find his previous post and threads just click on his name it will take you to his profile. On the left hand side you will see post and topics click on those you will find it just gotta looks threw.

Nice pickup man. I am also in phoenix, feel free to hit me up if you need any help. I love these cars.

Wasn't it for sale not to long ago?

Just for the hik of it......if it sells then yes and if not then here I am enjoing it!!