my '72.5 Datsun 620 for sale or trade

heres the deal I was given a '78 KC 620 and I am going to be selling my 72.5 or trade if some one has a 75 long bed so I can put my KC cab and bed on the long bed chassis I bought it from the original owner the truck runs good (needs carb adjustments :mad: or a weber) I drove it home 2 hours with no problems, stock L16 with a 4 speed. I need to find a bench seat for it I threw the old one out...or I should say the frame of the old one nothing was left has rusty floors but nothing un-fixable hell if you have a 75 long bed you are more than welcome to the floors :D to fix the 72.5 let me know whatcha got :D I AM LOOKING FOR A TRADE (in nor-cal) more the a SALE

:fu: SMOG

dattofj013.jpg

dattofj012.jpg

Clayton

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The KC will fit the reg cab long wheelbase frame, they are practically identical. You will have to cut the two front bed mounts off the frame. I moved mine back about 11"? and welded them back on. I have a flat bed so not as critical. If there is a mount on the KC bed then just measure and weld. Probably don't really need them anyway.

The KC will fit the reg cab long wheelbase frame, they are practically identical. You will have to cut the two front bed mounts off the frame. I moved mine back about 11"? and welded them back on. I have a flat bed so not as critical. If there is a mount on the KC bed then just measure and weld. Probably don't really need them anyway.

Thats what I want to do with a 75 long bed chassis and my KC cab and bed, then I could sell the other as a 78 long bed :D

hey Mike do you have pictures of your truck???

Hey clayton its kinda a long shot but I know where a long bed 620 is up here its pretty much a complete truck minus engine and stuff might be a option if you up in my neck of the woods again

Thanks, it needs to be a 75 because of Smog

Clayton is i were closer id buy it in a heartbeat.

Thanks man I would love for you to have it,I really want a 75 to do the swap with the KC, I thought about doing a vin swap with the 78 and the 72.5 but the 72.5 is to good of a truck to "MAKE DISAPPEAR" as a friend told me to do and the risk of some one really checking the vin on the frame got the best of me.

Clayton

Cheating the system huh? I like it..

So afer a none smog truck, what other kinds of plans might you have for it then?

Jason

drop in my n/a FJ20 that was in my wagon....or maybe an SR20det depends on if I would be able to sell the FJ stuff for enough to intertain the cost difference in the swap, coil over in the front and possibly a 4 link set up in the rear with a small c notch I want my static drop to be about the same as Fineline with out the rearend hitting the frame

its all more a dream for now cuz money is tight but slowly I will get all my projects done, hell they are all paid for and dont really have to go anywhere :D

I've got a 79 KC and a 77 std w/ LB and want to make a KC LB, what is involved into doing this, besides the brake/gas lines, e brake cable. more concerned about het frame and drive line. do I cut both frames and match them up or do I use one or het other frames. this is just a thought for ANOTHER project down het road. :confused:

did I just do a thread high jacking :lol:

heres the deal I was given a '78 KC 620 and I am going to be selling my 72.5 or trade if some one has a 75 long bed so I can put my KC cab and bed on the long bed chassis I bought it from the original owner the truck runs good (needs carb adjustments :mad: or a weber) I drove it home 2 hours with no problems, stock L16 with a 4 speed. I need to find a bench seat for it I threw the old one out...or I should say the frame of the old one nothing was left has rusty floors but nothing un-fixable hell if you have a 75 long bed you are more than welcome to the floors :D to fix the 72.5 let me know whatcha got :D I AM LOOKING FOR A TRADE (in nor-cal) more the a SALE

:fu: SMOG

dattofj013.jpg

dattofj012.jpg

Clayton

I know someone that I bought his LB 620 from as he has a KC 620 in the weeds and I remember that he said he would take a few hundred bucks for it probably like $100 will buy it, mind you it had no head and has been sitting for awhile. I also remember that he had a 521 truck that was complete and wanted only $200 for it also, this guy hoards all kinda stuff there, that were I got my LB 620, too bad I'm going to scrap the frame since I'm going to make it dissapear for my current KC 620 I'm doing right now, cab and bed on the KC is already off and going thru the suspension right now can't seem to make up my mind for the rear, want to do something where it will transform the handling in the corners, actually I was thinking that actually the LB frame is all there but I removed the vin number on the frame so I can put that onto the KC frame I'm using so I think you wanted a fully fuctional frame to do your swap well anyways if you have anymore Q's you can call me on my cell

Conrad

650-302-5127

antioch,ca

I've got a 79 KC and a 77 std w/ LB and want to make a KC LB, what is involved into doing this, besides the brake/gas lines, e brake cable. more concerned about het frame and drive line. do I cut both frames and match them up or do I use one or het other frames. this is just a thought for ANOTHER project down het road. :confused:

did I just do a thread high jacking :lol:

KC long box??? You would have to add about 6.9" to lengthen the frame so the rear wheels would be in the middle of the wheel wells on the long box. The long box is also longer from the wheels back to the tailgate than the reg or KC by about 7". Overall the KC Long Box would be about 16" longer than a KC.

Yes you thread jacked.:fu: But it's sort of related.

Clayton, be patient, the right 75 long box will come along soon. And it sure beats messing with the vin tags of the 72. Last i heard that was a felony:eek:

Patience seems a little easier now doesnt it.

How far are you willing to travel for the 75?

Jason

Clayton, be patient, the right 75 long box will come along soon. And it sure beats messing with the vin tags of the 72. Last i heard that was a felony:eek:

Patience seems a little easier now doesnt it.

How far are you willing to travel for the 75?

Jason

Thanks Jason, I dont want to do the vin deal its to risky with the A-hole cops we have running around,dont get me wrong there are a few nice ones too but not to often. I really dont want to drive to far for a 75LB but if it ran and the price was good maybe

Clayton

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.