80 510 Wagon wheel fitment

Got a 1980 510 wagon 280zx struts and coilovers.

Really wanted a pair 15'' old school looking wheels that ride as good as they look.

Don't want anything really aggressive don't mind rolling a bit but not too much. (I originally ordered rota grid v 15x8 +0 but cancelled because of required fender modification)

would a 15x8 +10 work? I plan on lowering 2'' in back eventually

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 15" rim doesn't ride any better than a smaller rim. A 190X70R13 is the same as a 195X60R15 and you won't feel any diifference. It's a larger tire diameter that makes the ride smoother. Unfortunately a larger diameter will throw the speedometer off and change the over all gear ratio making acceleration more sluggish, not to mention the larger diameter may not clear the body on bumps or when steering sharply..

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator With a few simple measurements you can see what you have for a stock rim and how much and in what direction you can change the off set to get the increased width and still have clearance before you buy. If I was buying rims I wouldn't ask someone else what fits, I would do this myself. Any mistake is then totally mine. Another tip: Before you fall in love with a set of rime.... find out if they will fit and work first or if they are even made in the size you want. If they don't.. it was never meant to be. You wouldn't believe the people who buy first, and then try to make the car fit the rims, I mean what were they thinking? With the right rims, off set and tires, you should never have to roll the fenders.

Got a 1980 510 wagon 280zx struts and coilovers.

Really wanted a pair 15'' old school looking wheels that ride as good as they look.

Don't want anything really aggressive don't mind rolling a bit but not too much. (I originally ordered rota grid v 15x8 +0 but cancelled because of required fender modification)

would a 15x8 +10 work? I plan on lowering 2'' in back eventually

The widest tires I ran in the back were 14x7 +0 205/60/14s, but I didn't check how much more space was left on the inside so it may fit if you use a skinnier tire but I'm not 100%

I have 2-2 1/2" blocks in the rear

• Like 1

The widest tires I ran in the back were 14x7 +0 205/60/14s, but I didn't check how much more space was left on the inside so it may fit if you use a skinnier tire but I'm not 100%

I have 2-2 1/2" blocks in the rear

I would bet you couldn't stick much more than 3 pieces of paper between the tire and fender and that was with a very heavy roll job. I think it was a miracle it never rubbed.

A guy on here is running 15" ZX swazticas and by the pictures they seem to fit easily. this guy>> http://community.ratsun.net/user/1840-ad-510-n-ok/

However like Datzen mentioned if you want smooth ride you have to have taller tires,, the shorter the side wall the more harsh the ride..

I've got 13x7 Basset racing wheels on her right now. she's sitting at stock ride height and was going to lower according to the qheels i got for her. i would settle for 15x7 but wanted something like xxr 501 15x8 +15 if they would work. really Im just baffled on what offset i should run. ive got 280zx strut and t3 camber kit