Washington Redskins

DaBlist

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there's narrow mindedness and then there's burying your head in the sand all together. No one is blaming you for what happened to the indians, so stop being so defensive and use your head. We're not talking about children kicking each other on the playground, we're talking about a genocide of 85% of the native population, hundreds of broken agreements and treaties, land grabbing, internment, and complete decimation of their way of life, culture, tradition and identity. Stop pouting little engine and fucking toughen up. Right? Fucking pathetic how far you'll go to rationalize and defend this stupid shit. And you think this is being a man?

I don't think a Viking would stoop so low as to put a picture of a thirteen year old girl his ancestors raped on his helmet, and then say he was honoring her by doing it. 

Now my Viking self is off to apologize to my Irish self for all those Irish slaves that were sold into bondage throughout Europe. Of course then, my Irish side will have to apologize to itself for the same thing. Maybe my German self and my Spanish self will get along one day, but I doubt it because they are still arguing over who has to apologize more for the damage they've done throughout history. Personally I think it was the Spanish, but what do I know, I'm just a mutt.  :lol:

• Like 1

Sense when did it become "pussy" to call out ignorance? From the safety of your keyboard you guys say this shit, but would you take your pasty white asses to a native reservation and tell them to toughen the fuck up? If not, show dick some respect and stop talking like you know what Native Americans think and feel, because you obviously don't.

What kind of delusional super powers gives you the ability to insult people, then chastise them for being insulted? It has a name, Alexithymia.

I understand the drive to fight for your right to be insensitive, but refusing to open your eyes to the whole picture is childish. If you are deriving some perverse sense of honor, respect, and pride from defacing native identity and using it to represent your football team, personally I think that’s fucked up.

I don't hear anyone complaining about the Kansas City Chiefs, Dallas Cowboys, Minnesota Vikings, Huston Texans, Cleavland Indians, Atlanta Braves, Chicago Blackhawks.

I found this:

Alexithymia is a personality construct characterized by the sub-clinical inability to identify and describe emotions in the self. The core characteristics of alexithymia are marked dysfunction in emotional awareness, social attachment, and interpersonal relating. Furthermore, individuals suffering from alexithymia also have difficulty in distinguishing and appreciating the emotions of others, which is thought to lead to unempathic and ineffective emotional responding. Alexithymia is prevalent in approximately 10% of the general population and is known to be comorbid with a number of psychiatric conditions.

This appears, in this case, to be the inability to identify and describe other's feelings. Anyone that can't relate to what you are feeling is suffering from this? I can relate to over reacting. I can relate to someone making a issue over something that isn't an issue.

Do you really think this is where I fight injustice? You don't know me very well, but the school board, city hall, and Barbra Boxer's office do.

Lord save me from being saved.

• Like 1

Now my Viking self is off to apologize to my Irish self for all those Irish slaves that were sold into bondage throughout Europe. Of course then, my Irish side will have to apologize to itself for the same thing. Maybe my German self and my Spanish self will get along one day, but I doubt it because they are still arguing over who has to apologize more for the damage they've done throughout history. Personally I think it was the Spanish, but what do I know, I'm just a mutt.   :lol:

Well said, point taken. My three Native American side are pissed off at each other for many of the same reason. That and we can't eat fry bread anymore because it's unhealthy.

When my people invaded Dorset, some of the women they raped were really not all that hot and I feel I should be compensated for that letdown.

I was born about 60 miles away and feel the need for recompense for your ancestor's brigandage . 

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder about the innocence in some things. Im not a great pet namer. Never have been. Had a cat called top cat b/c he was found on the top step of the stairs. Had a friskie b/c she looked like the cat on the cat food commercial. Also had Blackie. He was a solid black cat. Wonder what people did when I would go out back and yell for Blackie to come home. Later on had fluffy, bent tail and of course Stripe. At least Redskins has more imagination than bulldog, tiger etc etc.

goddammit I shoulda named Luna blackie. Why didn't I think of that?

Used to have chipmunk and lynksy because they looked like a chipmunk and a lynx.

Told my brother he should name an albino ball python whitey or Casper

Well there's narrow mindedness and then there's burying your head in the sand all together. No one is blaming you for what happened to the indians, so stop being so defensive and use your head. We're not talking about children kicking each other on the playground, we're talking about a genocide of 85% of the native population, hundreds of broken agreements and treaties, land grabbing, internment, and complete decimation of their way of life, culture, tradition and identity. Stop pouting little engine and fucking toughen up. Right? Fucking pathetic how far you'll go to rationalize and defend this stupid shit. And you think this is being a man?

I don't think a Viking would stoop so low as to put a picture of a thirteen year old girl his ancestors raped on his helmet, and then say he was honoring her by doing it. 

You should pull your head out of the sand !  you should stop being so defensive.I wrote a lot more but decided it might not be politically correct and doesnt belong on Ratsun so i hit backspace.