Stupid California

red13

I love the smell of burning baby mice in the morning. I thought about just leaving it at that but here's the deal. I have not fired up that old ford truck of mine in at least a month. I started it up this morning and was letting it idle while making some coffee.

When I came back out, I noticed it sounded a bit odd and there was a horrid fuckin smell in the air. I got inside, gave the throttle a blip and "splat" out shoots about a pound of burnt fuzz with four well done mice.

I need to drive this fucker more. Anyway, I wonder if that would count as air pollution.

• Like 5
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in....innocent bystander catches a face full of insult shrapnel. More at 11.

Innocent bystander used as exaggerated stereotype for comedic imagery. If however you didn't chuckle, I stand guilty as charged though. 

Earliest 'smog' device I can think of was the PCV valve introduced widely on '62 (ish) N Am automobiles. Though it technically it reduced hydrocarbon emissions it's greatest achievement was far and away keeping the engine oil cleaner of gas and water sludge mixed with combustion blow-by. Engines with it lasted longer with fewer needed oil changes. Also the system is totally benign using no power to operate and if it fails, the motor continues to operate normally without it. ... well the oil gets dirty sooner.

Did the road draft tubes have the same "clean oil" effect without the pesky "lowering emissions" junk? 

WD40 sucks anyways

You may not realize that the original WD40 was for Aerospace use!  As in, "why can't I launch this @#$%ing Atlas that checked out at the shipping point? The "canned" not aerosol version is true to the original "Let's get this hanger Queen ATLAS missile [note NOT space launch vehicle]  into launch configuration" at which it succeded admitably.  In order to turn it into a consumer product with longer shelf life, and to please emerging product safety standards, the formulation of the spray can was changed!  If you want to emulate the early space age benefits of WD40, you need to find a non aerosol tinned version [if any escaped the OSHA maffia].  I was there!

Innocent bystander used as exaggerated stereotype for comedic imagery. If however you didn't chuckle, I stand guilty as charged though. 

You know I did.

But, I was sniffing WD-40 at the time, so maybe I would see it different now. 

The internet has pinned me as the worst mechanic I know. Pretty much everything I do will never work, or is lame. Like, did you know that putting new lifters on a used cam will make it go flat? I guess I have just been lucky (like 300 times since the mid 80s) and now, I'm even a bigger no nothing clown because I use WD-40, which I had no idea sucked ass until the interweb thingy. I was going to hang myself over the whole deal, but I just read the rope I bought sucks.

• Like 5

There's a perfectly logical reason why WD works in WA. You guys get the good stuff there. BTW Stop with the fucking suicide jokes, I feel bad enough already for picking on you about the Rambo thing. Gough! Beat me up why don't you.

giphy.gif