Hitachi Question

SickDrift

Since I was having probs w/my factory carb I decided to let my friend look at it to help me figure out what was wrong.

He promptly disassembled it.

I'm not worried about it however as he's a retired mechanic, and has fixed everything he's ever set out to. He sadly told a mutual friend of ours he was "slumming" by working on a datto.:( He's an old hotrod guy, and can

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the year, motor and vehicle the carb is off.

Umm... I dont know for sure. I would *assume* it's the factory carb from my 73 L16 PL620. However, since an item like the head has been replaced, with an L20 head (U67 head), I dont know if the carb is original to the truck or the installed head. I will say that the carb looks to be identical to that in the '74 PL620 Service Manual.

One goes in the bottom of the accelerator pump and is held by a spring. It acts as a one way valve allowing fuel from the bowl in only. Actually there is a second one in the pump circuit to prevent fuel from leaking back into the plunger mechanism.

There is another BB under a small spring inside the vacuum actuator for the secondaries.

One goes in the bottom of the accelerator pump and is held by a spring. It acts as a one way valve allowing fuel from the bowl in only. Actually there is a second one in the pump circuit to prevent fuel from leaking back into the plunger mechanism.

There is another BB under a small spring inside the vacuum actuator for the secondaries.

We found four...

Although you may have accounted for the ones we didnt know the location for... I'll let you know.

Having trouble with the link but on olddatsuns.com go to 620 tech and the first link in the General Datsun (bottom) category is Nissan Hitachi Carb Service Worksheet.

Maybe this'll work...

http://www.olddatsuns.com/data/Hitachi_Carb_DCH_DCP_DRJ340.pdf

Dudeman, thanks a ton! My friend will be thrilled to have this.