What's the fastest you've ever gone in a 510?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Let's get back to standard "not f%%%ed" with vehicles! I have left Los Angeles at 6AM, driven to San Jose, checked into my hotel, ate lunch and made 1PM meetings at the Satellite Control Facility in San Jose that same afternoon! Not this year! Obviously! Yes, it's not a 510, but if you can brag about your 510, then listen to my 411! BTY it has an automatic transmission. Flying tomatoes from not well covered trailers or the super stink from the crap hills at "Bandini" mountain alongside the freeway "Shall not complete these couriers from completing their appointed rounds" to quote an ancient source [which the US POstal Service has apparently forgotten].

Not me, so it doesn't count, but my buddy Todd has a tube frame 510 with an L28ET in it that hits 165 on the straight at SCR.  Really pissed off a Porsche GT3 during one race.  He'd catch him on the straight, and the Todd would eat him in the corners.  Lol.  Granted, it's a really light car with a lot of boost.  And yes, the firewall has been cut.

Shit, that was weak sauce. All that posturing BS was useless, even counter productive IMO. If my son got a ticket for doing 117mph in my car.... He sure as hell wouldn't be sitting on a stool spinning his shit story with excuses. Short and simple, "You're done driving until you turn 18 and held responsible as an adult for your own actions. Then you can pay for your own car, insurance, and gas so you can drive like that. I don't support stupid shit that puts your life, other peoples lives, and our families security in danger". 

Anyone who knows me would call me out on my hypocrisy. I've posted video of me accelerating to 110 and drifting off the freeway ramp. So...

• Like 2

Lets just be glad she's not our mom guys  :rofl:

Wow a female Samuel Jackson.

Hmmm this has elements of several phenomenons. 

The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal. The more precisely an object's speed is  measured the less certain is it's position. So maybe that kid was in another town at the time? He should have pointed this out to Ms. Jackson. End of rant

Schrodinger's Cat. The very fact that this is being video recorded has altered how Ms. Jackson is reacting to the situation. In this universe she assumes the demeanor of Sam Jackson and mutha fucka this and mutha fucka that. But in another universe she assumed Vin Diesel's demeanor and said " You could have blown the welds on the manifold."

Wow a female Samuel Jackson.

Schrodinger's Cat. The very fact that this is being video recorded has altered how Ms. Jackson is reacting to the situation. In this universe she assumes the demeanor of Sam Jackson and mutha fucka this and mutha fucka that. But in another universe she assumed Vin Diesel's demeanor and said " You could have blown the welds on the manifold."

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

That was nothing, if I would have come home with a ticket that said I was going 117mph, that's how fast I would not have had a car anymore, and that is how fast I would have been running to keep from being whipped from here to eternity, I would not have been able to sit down for a month, and it's why I sleep on my stomach more than likely, I got whipped for a lot less than that.

That said, I went so fast in my Datsun roadster about 15 years ago, that the rubber corrugated material covering the slip yoke on the driveline expanded and started hitting the driveline tunnel, I thought the transmission exploded, every piece of dirt in the interior of that car went airborne, it was like a fog in there for a few moments, and when the speedo reached about 80/90mph it quit hitting, I was so freaking lucky that what happened to uberkevin didn't happen to me, that could have turned out way worse, the driveline could have went threw the floor pan, and the tail of the transmission could have pulverized me, I was so lucky.

damn it  I WANT an SR-71 upgrade with Rubelloffo's  just like Paradime   :geek:  :geek:  :geek: --------- :devil:  :devil:  :devil: ------- :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

I hope you didn't nail some Cal Trains  lunch box off Marina. 

I drive my 521 1600 stock L16 with weber 32 38 HARD, slow take off but 76mph all day it will do 90 but last time it blew the stock plastic radiator fan and tore up the radiator..

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

GPS verified 125 and some odd decimal. Fresh L20b,sss carbs, zx 5spd(.75 O.D.), stock rear end gear, sea level down a fairly steep hill on the 101 from Crescent City. I pushed it a little too hard, around 6 grand, haven't done that again.

Getting 300+ hp into a 510 is the easy part, but that will only get you so far without certain death. To push 140+ mph and live to tell the tail?

minimum;

7" track tires UTQG 100 AA A compound.
Willwood big brake kit, 
Adjustable damping coil overs.
Camber plates
300lb springs
Adjustable control arms with +7 caster
1 1/8" chromoly front roll bar
3/4" rear
Toe/Camber adjustable rear X-member,
Razed Steering pick up points on the front X-member
Bump steer spacers tuned to actual ride hight
Steering box stabilizer bracket.
6 point roll cage body bonded, 
spherical ball joints all round
R180 LSD
CV axles.
BRE front scoop
4" Hard rubber side skirts running the length of the floor seams. 

Even then, if it's not set up right... DEATH.

I've never topped out my 510, but I'm sure it will pass 140. My Yellow&Black project started with a Troy Ermish built race chassis, so I'm confident it's done right. Honestly, if I'd built it I would worry. 

That was 110 in 3rd gear.

uh oh! tires flatspotted?

Getting 300+ hp into a 510 is the easy part, but that will only get you so far without certain death. To push 140+ mph and live to tell the tail?

minimum;

7" track tires UTQG 100 AA A compound.
Willwood big brake kit, 
Adjustable damping coil overs.
Camber plates
300lb springs
Adjustable control arms with +7 caster
1 1/8" chromoly front roll bar
3/4" rear
Toe/Camber adjustable rear X-member,
Razed Steering pick up points on the front X-member
Bump steer spacers tuned to actual ride hight
Steering box stabilizer bracket.
6 point roll cage body bonded, 
spherical ball joints all round
R180 LSD
CV axles.
BRE front scoop
4" Hard rubber side skirts running the length of the floor seams. 

Even then, if it's not set up right... DEATH.

I've never topped out my 510, but I'm sure it will pass 140. My Yellow&Black project started with a Troy Ermish built race chassis, so I'm confident it's done right. Honestly, if I'd built it I would worry. 

That was 110 in 3rd gear.

Whats that loud bang after you brake on the exit? Did you clip your rear panel ?  :crying:

Whats that loud bang after you brake on the exit? Did you clip your rear panel ?  :crying:

no waaaaay, that was pretty far away from the barrier

i thought it was funny seeing that ranger almost merge into you, paradime

• Like 1

Loud bang? There are sounds from the edge gravel being disturbed, but no bang. Although it may looks close, I was a good 3-4 feet from the concrete wall. The great thing about a 510's 50/50 weight ratio is it's really predictable in a slide. If you have enough caster on the front struts you can slide the car 70 degrees, get off the brake, let go of the wheel and the car will right itself like magic. With stick R/S compound tires you can change direction really fast, but you loose all your forward momentum doing that.