POST CARS YOU CANT STAND

For the record, when the Leaf was introduced in 2011 it got you 84 miles on a single charge. 

Cruising on the highway at 55 miles per hour, the 2011 Roadster S 2.0 could travel 300 miles on a single charge. The new S can go 400 miles.

Who cruises at 55 on the freeway?

When I was at Nissan, a handful of Tesla owners from Seattle were on a road trip. My work was 240 miles from SeaTac. 

They stopped to charge at our dealership. We were their 2nd charging stop on their way to Spokane, another 140 miles away. 

That is very far from 300. 

They said if driving conservatively, they could pull over 120-150 per charge. 

All techs were allowed to use a Leaf on a check-out the demo for a weekend basis. 

I got 110 twice on one of my weekends and 100s were the norm for everyone. No change in my driving at all. 

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

08221408361.jpg

Oh man, I was hoping I would never have to look at this pile of shit ever again- BUT I have to say it goes to show you that some people's stupidity knows no limits. Looking at this thing is like setting your own penis on fire. It just fucking hurts... :poop: :confused:

The Chrysler 300, all of them

30816560067_large.jpg

feat12-e1322671765977.jpg

custom-chrysler-300-front-three-quarter-

I feel like this is one of those cars that is never going away. It will always be there in some format (raised lowered) and the owner will always be there hangin out with his dick Tracy suit and long wallet chain

its like the poor mans Bentley cut with some bad modifications and creative license.

p.22

its never made sense to me for people to think that education = money.

when you start on your 8+ year educational journey you know what the average salary for the goal position is. You have plenty of time (close to a decade while your in school) to figure out that if you borrow all that money for grad school, to help you get a job that doesn't pay for crap, that its not a good idea financially, my most of my generation do it.

i'm not bashing, my wife did it, she loves her job, and her salary barley covers her loans and I pay for everything.  But you should be doing it cause you like doing it, or cause you want to help people, if you wanted to get rich it was the wrong road to take. Plenty of less enjoyable better paid paths out there, you can almost always work on an oil rig....

That really really sucks about your eyes. You must be able to see a little for interwebs and autocross though right?

Nope. I know some girls that are currently working at Denny's , and McDonald's while holding 4-year degree's (nothing wrong with that at alll ... it's an honest living which I TOTALLY respect .... just makes paying loans back and the time spent in school disappointing).

I have my 4-year. The masters program I've looked into (then decided against) was about 2-2.5 years. I didn't want to keep a steady stream of accrued debt the rest of my life or spend the rest of my life in school (while it's still very worth it for some people to follow through under special/unique circumstances or situations).

At the TIME the reward didn't justify the cost to get my masters degree , and then start seeing pay increases (when the economy dipped and fell it stinted a lot of growth opportunities by a few years).

I now work a job that is a skilled labor , and almost always inside. (won't work at it  forever , but it's great for now).

I learned quite a few different tasks associated with the job quick.

One really attractive thing is I only have to travel to the outskirts of the city I live in to go to work..... not through the effed up sometimes un-predictable downtown commute anymore. (sometimes more than 1hr each way is too much for me lol).

I work (which isn't hat far off from old times) 10-12 hours (more like 12-hours typical) a day 5-6 days a week , but I don't spend much time traveling at all. I don't have to pay monthly parking or over-priced lunches amongts some of the other stuff anymore.

Literally cut an hour out of my old old commute.

Compensation is pretty well.... .... even at the old starting wage.... goes up from there with cost of living adjustments/raises/promotions.

Paid breaks , lunches , vacations.

Pretty dang good benefits (medical , dental , vision ) ... nurse said my medical is towards the top (she seen better , but not that many above at all is what I was told)

Retirement w/ a health amount of contribution matching.

I'm still happy/suprised I was able to get in.

I know quite a few guys that have their bachelors working here as well now.

That is probably true. I work a skilled labor so no need to explain being underpaid to me.

Seems it's that way for quite a few

I fully agree with the misconception that edumacation = money, and I have my masters in engineering.  I keep telling my wife that our daughter does not feel as though she has to go to college.  I just want her to learn a trade/skill or earn a degree that will support her through life.  I keep saying that trades are the way to go nowadays and that she could be one of the sexiest plumbers (folks would love to see that ass crack), electricians, welders, etc. in the business.

College tuition is completely out of hand.  It has constantly risen faster than the rate of inflation and is now not worth it unless you get a degree that will provide a pay that you can offset the loans necessary to obtain the degree.  

uhhhh...... ok.......that's kinda slightly weird .... whatever though I won't ask for pics..... :rofl: hahaha

Yes... agreed ....college tuition is making a lot of people go cross-eyed.......  I totally agree .... you have to be able to pay off the loans in a reasonable amount of time... for some people not spend 10% of your life trying to pay each degree down.

Doesn't sound like a lot of time , but kills your quality of life/investment opportunity's.

I feel sorry for my nieces/nephews (who arn't THAT much younger than I am) going through college right now trying to

Plumbing is where its at if you're doing commercial construction, I know a guy making $45 an hour to basically tell an apprentice what to do

Good luck getting into that sweet spot.

I was only making 20 an hour at my old job to tell the "lead mechanic" what to do.. :sneaky:

lol Micro...

taxi-drive-clap.gif

I will agree that GM's are shit to work on.

..... goes with out saying doesn't it Tyler.... :lol: ... many times ford and chrysler too....

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...