POST CARS YOU CANT STAND

I fully agree with the misconception that edumacation = money, and I have my masters in engineering.  I keep telling my wife that our daughter does not feel as though she has to go to college.  I just want her to learn a trade/skill or earn a degree that will support her through life.  I keep saying that trades are the way to go nowadays and that she could be one of the sexiest plumbers (folks would love to see that ass crack), electricians, welders, etc. in the business.

College tuition is completely out of hand.  It has constantly risen faster than the rate of inflation and is now not worth it unless you get a degree that will provide a pay that you can offset the loans necessary to obtain the degree.  

I agree with what your saying to a great extent but the way you talked about your daughter being a plumber creeped me out lol

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

after this morning's commute--having to suffer thru people's shitty driving...

i've decided it's people's driving i hate, and i don't really give a shit about the ugly car they happen to be driving

flickr-jesus.jpg

I will agree to an extent, I just hate people, not the car they are driving. Just too much stupid going around...

I was going to buy that shirt,, only it said   Jesus loves me,, (on the back it said)  everyone else thinks i'm just an asshole.

i didn't buy it after i went to the boys elementary school and suddenly realized i had on my Salvador Dali  Temptation of St. Anthony Tee shirt,,, no shit .

I watched the news last night. They (the announcer) is wailing about how everyone should stop panicking about ebola. Yet three weeks ago THEY were flipping that nurses were taking flights on planes. The news caused the thing they are whining about.

Said it's not transmitted through the air. Bullshit, I wouldn't want to be in an elevator with someone sneezing to find out.

If this shit get's out of Africa into the world it will never go away. This means you could catch it while traveling anywhere. Just like smallpox in the past. All it takes is someone with it passing it around like a hot potato. To irradiate, you would have to find everyone with it and isolate them (until they either died or got better) or find a vaccine and vaccinate everyone until it died out.

Just like Smallpox in the past? Epidemiology has advanced lightyears sense then, and so have viruses, infections, and drug resistant bacteria. What we need to understand is this is an evolving dynamic situation that plays into our fear, and our trust in science, medicine, government, and the media. That being said, what we hear is undoubtedly false information. History tells that story over and over. Every minute we are learning how this disease replicates and how to interupt that process. Remember mad cow, and avian flue? each of those had the potential to be "the herd thinner" mentioned before, but...

I watched the news last night. They (the announcer) is wailing about how everyone should stop panicking about ebola. Yet three weeks ago THEY were flipping that nurses were taking flights on planes. The news caused the thing they are whining about.

Said it's not transmitted through the air. Bullshit, I wouldn't want to be in an elevator with someone sneezing to find out.

If this shit get's out of Africa into the world it will never go away. This means you could catch it while traveling anywhere. Just like smallpox in the past. All it takes is someone with it passing it around like a hot potato. To irradiate, you would have to find everyone with it and isolate them (until they either died or got better) or find a vaccine and vaccinate everyone until it died out.

. Contain it....

.....kill it with fire.

They hyped that thing for years, went on about having an LS in it or perhaps it was "Got a Corvette engine in it!!!" Kept getting delayed and just when it was ready the Corvette division said "Woooooah there! You ain't running anything with the same power as the Corvette, no way!" So they ran a de-tuned version and it was fail built on fail.

The local Chevy dealer got one of them in... after GM made him wait about three months between the time he ordered it and the time he got it. He later told me "That's the only SSR I ever got, but it turned out one was about all you needed to have a lifetime supply."