POST CARS YOU CANT STAND

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its never made sense to me for people to think that education = money.

when you start on your 8+ year educational journey you know what the average salary for the goal position is. You have plenty of time (close to a decade while your in school) to figure out that if you borrow all that money for grad school, to help you get a job that doesn't pay for crap, that its not a good idea financially, my most of my generation do it.

i'm not bashing, my wife did it, she loves her job, and her salary barley covers her loans and I pay for everything.  But you should be doing it cause you like doing it, or cause you want to help people, if you wanted to get rich it was the wrong road to take. Plenty of less enjoyable better paid paths out there, you can almost always work on an oil rig....

That really really sucks about your eyes. You must be able to see a little for interwebs and autocross though right?

its never made sense to me for people to think that education = money.

when you start on your 8+ year educational journey you know what the average salary for the goal position is. You have plenty of time (close to a decade while your in school) to figure out that if you borrow all that money for grad school, to help you get a job that doesn't pay for crap, that its not a good idea financially, my most of my generation do it.

i'm not bashing, my wife did it, she loves her job, and her salary barley covers her loans and I pay for everything.  But you should be doing it cause you like doing it, or cause you want to help people, if you wanted to get rich it was the wrong road to take. Plenty of less enjoyable better paid paths out there, you can almost always work on an oil rig....

I'm with you, but to be fair, times have changed a bunch in the last 30 years or so. Used to be that if you did your 8 years, that meant you got a good job, now there is a good chance you will be standing right next to a guy who did not finish high school. Also, the student loans are crazy.

It's been the American way for so long that it will take some time for people's thinking to align with the reality that we live in.

That really really sucks about your eyes. You must be able to see a little for interwebs and autocross though right?

I fully agree with the misconception that edumacation = money, and I have my masters in engineering.  I keep telling my wife that our daughter does not feel as though she has to go to college.  I just want her to learn a trade/skill or earn a degree that will support her through life.  I keep saying that trades are the way to go nowadays and that she could be one of the sexiest plumbers (folks would love to see that ass crack), electricians, welders, etc. in the business.

College tuition is completely out of hand.  It has constantly risen faster than the rate of inflation and is now not worth it unless you get a degree that will provide a pay that you can offset the loans necessary to obtain the degree.  

buick-rendezvous-desktop-wallpapers-4.jp

This has actually come up in a couple conversations today....

I think the Buick Rendezvous was way uglier (though much more successful) than it's much-maligned sister, the Pontiac Aztek.

Even if you disagree on ugliness, you have to admit the Buick was every bit as poorly built, and since it had a more complex rear suspension, more shit to go wrong. Either way, can't stand them... GM deserved Chapter 11 after unleashing these monstrosities. 

It even looks cheap and plastic. A true POS.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiits

shark week.

and that car is a piece of shit, my grandparents had one, transmission started eating itself at about 110,000. I will never buy a GM product. And they are most definitely worse to work on than a subaru and even worse engineered.

And more education doesnt mean more money, it doesnt even mean you will end up doing what you went to school for. And there is a huge loss of skilled labor that we are not helping by pushing every moron to go to college. Some people should not go to college, period.

Some people should be forced to carry around a potted plant to replace the oxygen they waste by existing, but its not like that is going to happen...

GM should look into that. "Free potted plant with every new vehicle purchased."

• Like 1

I hate anything newer than a 1973 anything.

Power windows / cruise control / computers / nav systems / etc have just added to the basic laziness of the human animal. 

I miss the days when Saturday mornings men't dad, and every other guy in the neighborhood, had a Blitz in one hand and a points file in the other. 

People at least had a basic understanding of what they drove.

I hate people that think track days are the are the sign of a true car guy ( or girl ) .

They just repaved the entire length of HWY 47 / 202 from Astoria to Vernonia . All 61 miles of that banked twisty snake. 

Now that's my definition of a track day.....

By the way , my wife drives a Subi. Not the easiest car to work on , but not the hardest either . 

I still hate it . It's a 2010...

• Like 3

any car not sold with manual transmission option

Right? Like this disaster. I laugh whenever I see a High School aged flatbiller rolling one of these around town with a fartcan because it's more unique than an old 22b

c12_0509_subaru_svx01_l.jpg

Right? Like this disaster. I laugh whenever I see a High School aged flatbiller rolling one of these around town with a fartcan because it's more unique than an old 22b

Didn't those have AWD that only worked when the wipers were on?