POST CARS YOU CANT STAND

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I can't drive a miata, or an s2000, or civic del sol.

All cars I have sat in to see if I fit.

I hate compacts, well, most compacts. We will go with 2 seaters, I hate 2 seaters

Z's and zx's are roomy two seaters. Actually, there are many roomy two seaters.

But I quoted you to say thank you!! DelSol must be tied with Ron Jeremy for things I don't want to ride. Clarifying statement: the DelSol is on par with largeish cock. This car is a perfect example of taking a jar of customer comments (gathered at the Honda.com website) and mashing them together into a mess of bad design. What were they thinking? Barbie had a better ride. A girl in High school got one from daddy in high school new, and tried showing me up in my 20yo zx. Oops. Though, I'm guessing she would have suffered just as bad if she was driving GTR, it was still embarassing to see a brand new 20y younger car suck so bad. Drove one once (not fast), but just the way it felt sucked ball. Every corner threw you into the turn. Mazda wins the compact go cart battle.

The Delslow is the successor to the CR-X... captainhondagamez can tell you all about it lol.

I can't stand owners more than I could ever not stand a car... unless it's a fucking 80's Daytona, ugh.

1986_Daytona_Turbo_Z_CS_%28Carroll_Shelb

^^ It's screaming "kill me".

BUT a sweet ass convertible LeBaron is something much better...

chrysler-le-baron-3.jpg

You know exactly what you are getting into when you're behind the wheel of one of these masterpieces, unlike the pretentious Daytona which fronts as a performance machine.

I'd take the LeBaron on the track, that's how hardcore extreme uber ultimate car enthusiast I am.

-Robert

There isn't a car I don't like. They all are an adventure, something new to learn. I always get a high off of buying an old car that I have not owned before, reading through the owners manual, taking it apart see what makes it tick. Ya, I have owned a wide assortment of cars and trucks over the last 35 years buying my first car when I was 15.

Now people that drive cars on the other hand........

Del Sols are pimp as fuck. Tiny little bastards, but I am 6' 1" and I am not uncomfortable inside the Del Sol. Except when theres two ppl in there, hahahahaha. Their not really supposed to be fast, but My friend just sold one with 276 hp NA, it was quite nasty, K swapped and everything.. They look wierd but I have always loved Del Sols.

meh, i will stand by my miata comment. I didn't say they didn't handle well, just that i didn't like the way they did it. The newer ones are a lot better, i specifically dislike the NA first generation

the one i had was super super sensative to tire pressure, even on the street. Too little and it was mushy, too much and it would want to spin. and really really slow in a straight line. Miata's can be awesome with superchargers, sway bars, sticky tires and coilovers, and they don't look bad with a hardtop, but you could make almost any car not suck with enough money, time, and the right parts.

I have a 914, same type car/concept, slightly lighter, better balanced, and half as much power. I don't hate it, i really like it, and i keep up with all the stock and stockish miata's that are all 20ish years newer (at autocross). Different character that i like more. I just do not dig first gen NA miatas, and probably never will

</rant> haha

POST STUPID COMMENTS YOU HATE

New thread.

I never said that you have to be a track slut, just that a true enthusiast goes to the track. And I am refering to the road course.

Guess I'm not a true Datsun enthusiast....

• Like 4

I have had a couple of Daytonas and New Yorkers from that era. I found them to be a pleasant surprise. They were decently built, well engineered, easy to work on and oh so easy to squeeze out a few more horse power. There were a couple of $10 parts that liked to fail on those giving them a bad rap but also making them a sweet $500 easy repair find.

• Like 2

Its my opinion that a true enthusiast drives on the race track, at very least once in a while. You dont have to agree, but thats my very subjective and bias opinion based on my experiences.

And if you havent been to the track you should go, Its an awesome experience that will teach you a ton about driving, unless you think you know it all already, then dont bother its a waste of your time as you must be perfect already. Most tracks require some instruction and possibly entry level licensing before they will allow you to actually drive on track with other cars, and the track fee. Just use a medium brake pad from someone like Hawk or EBC and summer performance tires and you will have a blast. This applies to trucks too, theres several trucks that drive at track days around here.

AutoX is also pretty sweet. Not something I do because I am so busy.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/enthusiast

No where does it say a true enthusiast is an elitist. Pay special attention to definition A. You can be a race track enthusiast all you want, that doesn't mean people that don't go to the track are not auto enthusiasts.   ;)

While I would enjoy driving on the track, I'm much more enthusiastic about spending that money on my vehicle.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/enthusiast

No where does it say a true enthusiast is an elitist. Pay special attention to definition A. You can be a race track enthusiast all you want, that doesn't mean people that don't go to the track are not auto enthusiasts.   ;)

While I would enjoy driving on the track, I'm much more enthusiastic about spending that money on my vehicle.

I never saw a requirement in the ratsun rules that you have to agree with my opinion which I stated was subjective and bias.

For that reason, Mr. Webster has no place here, but thanks anyway.

And one could go on back and forth all day about where money is best spent, again an opinion.

Since when is this an eliteist attitude? this is not something that I can do and you cant, everyone here is capable of track time and I invite you all to try it. Hardly an eliteist mindset.

Not every one can get track time, for one its expensive, and two well I don't care enough to cone up with a second reason. That shit is expensive...

Dude ,, your young so i will help you,,,try this ya pussy

Boss i do good work i come in early i stay late and really love my job,,,, but,,,, can i have a raise?   

Your welcome

The county of Thurston in the state of Washington has legally declared in legal paperwork and signed by a judge that i  am in fact an "enthusiast"  in the superior court of Thurston county in 2004.   i only go to track to hear the noise and inhale the dirt............ bitch.

I never saw a requirement in the ratsun rules that you have to agree with my opinion which I stated was subjective and bias.

For that reason, Mr. Webster has no place here, but thanks anyway.

And one could go on back and forth all day about where money is best spent, again an opinion.

Since when is this an eliteist attitude? this is not something that I can do and you cant, everyone here is capable of track time and I invite you all to try it. Hardly an eliteist mindset.

I just pointed out that you are a track enthusiast, I am not. I have no need or even want to go to a track to enjoy my rides.

We can both be true auto enthusiasts, not just you because you go to a track.

Words have definitions so that we may understand one another. Your opinion doesn't change the meaning of a word. :)

I just pointed out that you are a track enthusiast, I am not. I have no need or even want to go to a track to enjoy my rides.

We can both be true auto enthusiasts, not just you because you go to a track.

Words have definitions so that we may understand one another. Your opinion doesn't change the meaning of a word. :)

That is a dumb statement, there are diffferent interpretations of words and their meaning beyond the dictionary. Good starting point though.

Or we can continue this pissing match which I have grown quite tired of.

3, not everyone gives a shit what someone else says about the way they should like cars.

Kind of my point exactly......