toolbox and ducky-chan chronicles

hobospyder

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jealous of your shop space. Is it heated or is the "new" stove the first time you've had a warm shop to work in? 

wasn't heated until the stove got there and with the way it's set up right now still isn't properly heated, does help some though

I'm pretty sure I'd have to dig a big pit in my garage to fit the one post. If it works, I'd say you keep it.. and get a two post.  :w00t:

that's the plan. probably eventually cap off the one post since it's in my parking space

got the engine out of little miss and dropped into ducky today. fucking ted came up to drop off parts for ducky and assisted in the pulling and dropping of the motor. nothing is connected but it's in the hole and against fucking teds advice i dropped the short tail tranny into the 77. cross member from the 73 worked out just fine though probably got flipped in the process since i don't know which way was forward on it

20161230_162608.jpg

20161230_162601.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

got down to the shop for a couple hours before getting hungry as i haven't eaten yet today and cold because, well, it's cold out. just hooking up what i can, battery side is mostly done except the earth for the alternator and the battery, gonna need help with the manifold side as the wire loom is an absolute mess and i'm lost... radiator and fan shroud is in, lower rad hose connected, attempted to do the upper hose but well.... didn't have an upper to begin with and the upper from little miss won't work so attempted modifying the old lower from the truck which... yeah

20170108_123236.jpg

didn't work. walked up to the house after that with the chunk of hose, after checking toolbox to see if he has an upper hose.... nope, no radiator or anything.... may or may not get back down there today

went back out to the shop. got the transmission cross member fully installed so got the jack out from under the truck. then started looking at the brakes and rear axle..... need to get the blue truck moved back down to the shop instead of the garage it's in, just gonna take the rear axle out from that one and use it on the longbed instead of just yanking one of the two inner axles out. had already pulled the wheels off so decided to throw a different set of wheels onto the truck before moving it around in the shop. hence the numbers from earlier, you should've been able to tell they were for tires.

20170108_161812.jpg

probably gonna keep these on there. been thinking about it. sorry hippie

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

ducky is now running

videos will be posted but here's your warning

20170122_174028.jpg

that's all the exhaust that's on there right now

after killing it i played around and debated killing out the bottle that gas was in but didn't want to empty out the fuel in the system

random pictures

20170122_172146.jpg

20170122_172403.jpg

20170122_172419.jpg

20170122_172421.jpg

20170122_172425.jpg

enjoy, thanks for looking in

also, thanks redeye for the haynes, it helped out a little. 

side note, had to swap out the ballast resistor from little miss, the one that was in ducky started crackling and smoking after i tried cranking before i switched to using the bump starter
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

so picked up one of these to replace my... ignition switch thing?

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/29794-datsundaves-new-startstop-button-ignition-system/page-1

have a link, no picture, boxes are still in my car. quality looks top notch and dasundave is a standup guy, had me in his house and explained everything to me before bsing. 

and here's a skib how to on installing the button

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30513-dz-start-module-install/

lots of them out there, but i have one now. looking forward to installing

• Like 2

so picked up one of these to replace my... ignition switch thing?

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/29794-datsundaves-new-startstop-button-ignition-system/page-1

have a link, no picture, boxes are still in my car. quality looks top notch and dasundave is a standup guy, had me in his house and explained everything to me before bsing. 

and here's a skib how to on installing the button

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/30513-dz-start-module-install/

lots of them out there, but i have one now. looking forward to installing

I thought DD stoped making/selling those kits a while ago??

what/how/where did ya git it??? inquiring minds wanna know. I bought a 3rd party kit and am going to try and install this weekend...

I thought DD stoped making/selling those kits a while ago??

what/how/where did ya git it??? inquiring minds wanna know. I bought a 3rd party kit and am going to try and install this weekend...

click the first link in that quote of yours and go to the end. He's doing a limited run from what I understand. And I'm hoping to get two more
  • Like 1