toolbox and ducky-chan chronicles

hobospyder

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got the grill and lower valance off and put the engine bay back together as best as i could. i got cold and didn't know what else i could do so walked away

20161113_143349.jpg

Lots of simple green and a scrub brush :lol: 

• Like 2

Still waiting for a text, call or anything from the po before Güber. I have set a reminder in my calender for the tuesday after thanksgiving i should have something back by then

got the receipt from somebody signing dor this, so now, waiting for an envelope with something in it. Or a call or text. Hate waiting. Proceeding with the truck
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Lots of simple green and a scrub brush :lol:

I was going to say... Pressure washer time!

Re the charcoal canister. Don't plug the line. Get a Toyota Tacoma front diff breather (Jeep, Toyota LC, Chevy truck, etc) and put it on the end of that line. The fuel vapor needs to go somewhere and the canister makes it not stink.

• Like 3

Bad but good news for ducky, po didn't get the paper notarized so going through the staters is the best option. But since I have all the papers I need I can go ahead and get the truck running. Dol lady said I need to bring it to the cops instead of them coming to me. Marysville or Bellingham, same distance for both but I'm in Marysville every day.

• Like 2

Use a title service. The one I use comes to me and does all the VIN verification and paperwork, for a measly $250. I don't even have to go to DMV. She does that for me as well.

Also, when dealing with DMV, no paperwork is better than a crazy long paper trail. If it gets confusing for the DMV clerk, take all your paperwork, walk away and come back another day with no paperwork and a smile. Politely ask them what you need to do to get it in the system and 9 times out of 10, they will at least get the transfer going.

• Like 3

I don't have an issue with the dol in town by me. It's never crowded, minimum two windows open and rarely more than 2 people in there. Both times ive gone in there for ducky I've talked to the same person and she was extremely helpful. It's the state patrol and getting to them I'm worried about. I've never dealt with them and dont know how it works.

• Like 2

Ya, I'd say it's a completely different experience as far as wait times and whatnot than Cali. We have private vehicle registration places all over in WA. 

The state patrol should be pretty helpful as well, they do this sort of thing all the time. 

• Like 2

One hurdle I've run into when having the CHP do VIN verifications is the lack of real knowledge. Most often the person doing the verification hasn't done one in a while and they miss something or write something down that isn't accurate. The last time I had the CHP do a VIN verification, I had multiple blank forms at the ready. Sure enough, he screwed up on the first one, and luckily I had another blank one for him to fill out. Our DMV won't accept a VIN verification that has mistakes or things scribbled out and corrected, so all the info has to be perfect the first time.

Yes, CA DMV is pretty convoluted. But if you know how the system works, anything is possible. I could go on for ever telling stories about how I got something registered, with either no paperwork or with a little flirting or by actually making up a name and signature of a fictitious person. With all the problems I've run into over the years, I wish I had started using a registration service a long time ago.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just went back thru ur build thread and 90% of ur pics have broken links :/

i reorganized my photobucket account at one point. broke pretty much all the links for toolbox who's pretty much become a parts truck at this point. 

if you read through little miss there's the same issue. up to a point the picture links have been replaced and then they go bad again for a number of pages and then reappear.... it was right around the time that i moved

• Like 1

movement has happened for heart exchange during my winter break

20161223_160548.jpg

this was purchased to aid in the surgery

20161223_160606.jpg

little miss is giving up the motor that goes in exchange for the motor that doesn't. thinking maybe use the motor that doesn't for little miss. no idea what's going on for her heart in the future but ducky is her replacement for now. 

bought 8 of these 

20161223_160600.jpg

to replace these

20161223_160610.jpg

so hopefully i have plenty of stuff to do in the next ten days to keep me busy and not wigging out due to down time

• Like 2