toolbox and ducky-chan chronicles

hobospyder

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also.... i may have bought something else......... i need to go back to work so i can quit shopping online, i can't window shop for some stupid reason...

Screenshot_20170314-192141.png

there are no door locks on the truck atm, don't even know if the armature is in there or not but hey

• Like 1

so, doesn't matter if i had gone to get the hose to bleed the brakes with or not. some idiot sheared off the rear bleeder screws. and i'm not that idiot, went to put the new wheel cylinder on rear passenger brake (drivers side is taken apart and i need to get the ebrake cable housing pulled so i can put the one attached to the truck in before messing with the brake) and yeah, i ended up pissed off. so played with my ignition button some. pulled the clamshell and brought it up to the house so when i get a dremel i can trim that to size it needs to fit the button in stock location. didn't take any pictures. not going to take any pictures. fuck that truck for right now

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Plan is Sunday to play with brakes.

Tdaaj got me some of the bleeder screw banjo bolt thingies. Thanks Ted

Redeye gave me advice on my throttle linkage today so hopefully I'll have time to swap it over from the 38/38 that is currently sitting under little miss.

And I have plenty of hose to do self bleeding the way draker described.... I hope

• Like 1

redeye came through with the assistance today, thanks redeye

also, he sold me a canopy so i have one for the longbed. 

20170430_154643.jpg

got that put on (only placed, not tied down yet) before fiddling with brakes. but they all got on

20170430_154631.jpg

20170430_154621.jpg

canopy lines up pretty good on both sides, just need holes for bolts to go through. the bed already has bolts in it so might just drill through the canopy. struts weren't working but for the steal of a deal i got for it i don't care, also, ratsun. so.... make shift prop rod made from a busted ass dust mop handle

20170430_160502.jpg

also, pb blaster bath for the brake bleeder screw holding things

20170430_161609.jpg

• Like 3

from this:

20170430_161609.jpg

to this:

20170508_142821.jpg

got them broken apart. wasn't overly impressed with the way most of the threads felt and looked so dropped them into evaporust. didn't help that even after sitting in pb blaster for nearly 2 weeks they still didn't want to bust loose. may end up buying new bleeder valves just because one of them at least had rust or something in the little holes at the bottom of the threads, will see what the evaporust does

• Like 3

Hobo nice garage ! You have a lot going on ... Evaporust is underrated it is a good product

shop is where the truck is at and it's decent space but needs work thanks

And yes it is, I've used it twice now and it hasn't disappointed

• Like 1

All you need is a 12-14 foot length of clear tube. Put it on the bleeder, and put the other end in the reservoir. Pump till no bubbles.

Those pressure bleeders are dope though.

If the steel brake lines are old bleed into a bottle/jar because of all the rust and crap that will come out of the lines.

Bleeding back into the master even with all new parts is a bad idea.

• Like 2

If the steel brake lines are old bleed into a bottle/jar because of all the rust and crap that will come out of the lines.

Bleeding back into the master even with all new parts is a bad idea.

makes sense. Thanks charlie I'll probably be bleeding into a bottle since I have no idea what is in the lines
  • Like 1