Missing Datsun 620, have you seen me?

1Low620

Back in 1994. I picked up a nice little 79 KC from a neighbor down the road, I had this jacked up 74 GMC Jimmy on 44's with a full removeable top that he just fell in love with. I offered a straight across trade and he took it. Thank god, cause every time I took it to the pump to fill up, would cost me $80-100 where as the datto took maybe 20 and got 10x the mileage!

I drove the piss out of this thing for close to 4 years and can't say she ever let me down, L20 with a mild build, 5 speed with a short shifter, nice recao seats, smooth wood grain Grant GT steering wheel, shaved door handles with a custom hidden door popper with a trick backup system just in case.

Sadly, before my son was born I let my wife talk me into letting it go for a more practical family car..... I went through some old photo albums and was only able to find 2 crappy photos on the night the jackass backed into us, I have tried to track this truck down over the years through previous owners but the trail went dead when it crossed over into Washington. If anyone has owned this truck or know who does, please let me know she is OK and not in Datsun Heaven, if she's sitting in a barn,garage whatever collecting dust at least I will know she is still around.

Sorry for the crappy photos, its all I can find at the current moment, I have a zillion more packed away somewhere I want to find and will post more when I d0.....

1408503417331.jpg

and

2014-08-19195705.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I use a registration service to handle my registrations. I had a similar desire to find my old Austin Healey I had when I was a kid, so I called her up and asked. I had the VIN committed to memory so I gave it to her. Two hours later she emailed me the mailing address and phone number of the registerted owner.

If you really want to find it, you should try that route.