Feels like autumn.

DatMo

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Random pics.

Figured I'd clean my ssr's. here's my bay and inside at night.

I'll be driving this month! I'm so happy with it.

IMG_5486_zpskylvap5f.jpg

IMG_5455_zpscr0pfa51.jpg

IMG_5451_zpsfrlu5zi1.jpg

532E7768-F44F-4C73-9080-9311DB0CD1E8_zps

I've also been considering getting these seats because I LOVE the look but it's an issue because they're some eBay shit that I haven't heard of and I don't want shit quality seats. They're eBay ones from ikon motorsports. Here's what they're like. Lemme know if anyone knows what they're like.

BECB1356-B932-47C0-A5A1-65907F5483F8_zps

Love your Goon man. Gotta reread from the beginning. Cool mirrors.

Love your Goon man. Gotta reread from the beginning. Cool mirrors.

Thanks man! Seriously appreciate that. Learned a ton on this car and hope to keep learning and perfecting.

I redid a lot of the wiring in the car because I wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna have a fire hazard and was really scared about my work prior. Now I've got it all buttoned up and done correctly :)

I sourced a smaller coil mount so I can use that. I start the car up every morning and thankfully, the radiator doesn't leak but I still haven't gotten under the car to check that rear main seal. My diff is also leaking but I don't suspect the bolt.

As far as the clutch adjustment, I'll be getting to that this weekend. Unfortunately, the spal fan is still a bit louder than I'd like but engine is cool so I can't object.

I'm gonna adjust the brakes a bit more because I'd like more of a response because they only work after being just about fully applied.

All lights etc work EXCEPT hazards because I'm not sure how to wire it from ez wiring harness. It's a bitch.

I drove it just a little bit and I'm running no choke because one, I'm in California and two, I can't find one that'll work well with the choke being a front-car pull type.

As far as idle, I don't mess with the carbs too much but just idle adjustment. I think I need to move my distributor a bit? Which way lowers idle? And I have a timing gun. Anyone know what it's supposed to be at?

I almost forgot! Here's some pics of my babies!

This is somewhat how my choke was setup but I took it off and bent that piece in the process. Cheap shit.

690CD2DB-2AD3-48B2-BEDF-E8FA44CBDD6D_zps

AACBD137-637E-4B8B-A762-795DBB24A39C_zps

62A46A60-F3B5-4431-AB33-3E906FD328D4_zps

FC26436E-E026-4FBA-A155-54ADE7C39852_zps

• Like 2

Okay some more weird shit is happening. I turn my car on every morning. For some reason over the past two days, when the car is idling for a few minutes, all the lights turn off. Then turn back on?

And this happens repeatedly

Headlight relay or switch or bad connection

Well the car is at a stand still and every time I turn the car on, they work great so I don't think that can be the connection.

I just replaced the relay and the same issue occurred.

I think that they may be getting to hot because it happens when the car is on, not when it's just sitting with lights on.

Now my fucking rpm gauge is reading 500-600 rpm too low. Does anyone have an idea why? I literally have no clue besides maybe the alt not being good enough?

Is it an aftermarket one with different settings for 4-6-8 cylinder?

I'm not sure about the settings but I'll be emailing the company about it. It's a speedhut gauge and states it's universal.

There might be a switch or a chip that has the be moved to make it read correctly for the different cylinder numbers. Consult the installation instructions, should tell you there.

After e-mailing the company, I was able to get that settled. Now I need a new temp sender because my gauge works as it's grounded. I was curious, how is a normal temp gauge grounded?

The gauge grounds through the sensor into the motor. The sensor is a variable resistor, the amount of resistance in the circuit is displayed by the gauge as temperature.

So for those of you with lowered cars, my clutch line off my slave cylinder is damn low to the ground and I'm afraid it's gonna pop or rip.

Any ideas/recommendations besides raise the car lol

Also, I got into uci so I'll be attending the school next fall.

So for those of you with lowered cars, my clutch line off my slave cylinder is damn low to the ground and I'm afraid it's gonna pop or rip.

Any ideas/recommendations besides raise the car lol

Also, I got into uci so I'll be attending the school next fall.

Stainless line + Banjo bolt = Problem solved. 

This will point the line any direction you want. 

• Like 1

I'm assuming you mean the rubber line. What about unbolting the slave and rotating it so that the rubber line naturally goes up instead of down.

yea, that's definitely a great idea. Haha

What about unbolting the slave and rotating it so that the rubber line naturally goes up instead of down.

This is surely true. I'll rotate my cylinder until I do a further fix.

For real, what the fuck are you guys talking about? :rofl:

The slave cylinder only goes in one way. You can't "rotate" it.

And it's designed that way for a reason, so the bleeder is above the hose. 

I think they are referring to inducing twist into the rubber line so that it naturally curls upward not down

I sincerely hope so.   ^_^

That at least makes more sense. But installed correctly, it should have no twist at all. 

And I still say spend the $40 to do it right. It will also increase pedal feel and responsiveness when you remove the rubber bit.    ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I fixed my temp gauge after all this time and it's a soeedhut one so I trust it but now I'm reading at 240+ which is too damn hot. Not sure what to do.

• 1 month later...

Got my diff gasket coming in the mail to fix that with my new fuel pump. Oreileys one took a shit on me. Gonna install two 10 inch fans in the front this weekend for the sake of my car not over heating.