Feels like autumn.

DatMo

So I want to relocate my battery to my rear but don't know what battery kit to get since the battery is inside the car?

Anyone do it? I only find joel's relocation thread lol 

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Find some older Recaro's

I'm already looking for some.

the thing is i would love some but i would REALLY love some nice sparcos or something. 

I'm not sure what'll happen yet. 

but the recaros with those net headrests are gold. 

Some E30s came with Recaros stock...

yeah, I've seen the 80's ones but I saw some newer model ones that would fit.

I wanted to try dying the seat.

I found a cheap pair of tan seats in good condition but don't know if it's worth it.

Also, for the battery relocation. I was thinking of this but will this be safe if it's in the back of the wagon? As in behind the rear left left wheel well of the car?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g1199?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKEAiAxsymBRCegqiLzI7Q1S8SJADOgQrzRHsT0L_I4V6XSSBN-Z7SE9V6y-4iABdqdcXUUYkM_RoCIY_w_wcB

No, but can be used.

Batteries put off fumes when used which can be flammable. If you run that particular box (which isnt sealed) then you need a dry battery. If you keep a wet battery, then you need to run a sealed box.

I'll head to a local store tomorrow to get a dry battery. Thanks!

Dry battery being like and odyssey or an optima, not cheap batteries.

I was going to check prices and compare but I've seen the prices online. I was gonna see if a sealed box was cheaper and etc.

Found it.

There are 2 different mounting locations, at least on the drivers side, for the bracket to attach to the engine. You want the lower 2 holes, not upper 2 holes.

Leave the passenger  on the car, driver side remove 1 bolt to frame, loosen other bolt. Lower engine to passenger stud, put nut on loosely once stud is through mount. Now you can raise and lower without the motor coming off the mount.

Driver side, lower/raise until you can swivel the mount to align with the backet, drop the motor once stud can go through bracket. Next, simply hammer the mount (aim for the frame side not the bracket side) to line up to get the previously removed bolt back in.

Mounts are the chunk of rubber that isolates the vibrations of the engine. Brackets are the pieces of metal that bolt to the engine and mount.

You're right and thank you. well i got it in and although I have not put the tranny in yet, I'm worried that the engine is not sitting properly?

It looks like the mounts are straight but engine leans back but when i pull the engine up, the mounts twist?

It leans back a lot and i dont remember how close the tranny sits towards the fire wall to straighten this out.

Here's some pics.

engine%20in_zps4vofcww4.jpgissue%204_zpsaqhqvv0s.jpg

I'll be putting in new bearings tomorrow for the tranny then putting it in.

I plab