• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Specs on the wheels?

13x6.5 +10.

Also, I got the car into the garage today. Finally back home. But unfortunately, I looked at what the rain did and my block seems to have some light rust and the tie rods that are brand new have a lot of surface rust.... :(((

I'll just sand em a bit and put some paint so it doesn't happen again. I'm not too sure what to do about the block. >:(

So I'm learning to weld and my brother's teaching me a bit. I've changed up my color scheme a bit 

The car will be orange. As excited as I was to have 13's I think they're actually a bit too small... 

Maybe they'll look better with tires and etc.

I just need a bit more work in the engine bay.

I cleaned up some rust because it's thankfully just surface rust. I unfortunately still do not know what to do about the rust on my block...

Soon, pics. 

I'm just waiting on my damn engine mounts. Also, I did get a different color to paint the engine bay.
I decided white would not be the best choice as well as match a few other things in the car.

I posted an ad to buy some parts that I need as well as parts I'm selling. Here's some items I'm interested in purchasing/trading.
I'm looking for a electronic dizzy cap.
BMW ellipsoid headlights that are already fabricated to fit into the 510 housing.
Yellow fog lights for a 510.
rear drivers side 510 wagon tail light.
Top thermostat housing l series 3 bolt. 
71 510 tach. orange needle
BRE style front air dam. 

I have for sale/trade
Points disributor working in good condition. $50
68 510 front windshield wiper valence. No rust but is painted sky blue. $100
68 dash cap in good condition. $40
68 tail lights. two sets with wiring, one pretty good the other just decent. The good set for $150 the other for $100
510 seat. pretty good and cushioned but has rip on the bottom $50
15/16 master cylinder $70 Was brand new and used for ONE HOUR until changed.
510 aftermarket racing headers. forgot brand name. $150

I'm in need of some quick cash so I didn't see the harm in posting this here. Pm me if anything rather than writing it here.

I think most people mod the housing, not the lights? I know I did...

You mod both the Light and the headlight bucket.

Honestly after having them I thought they were a decrease in light from my sealed beams (and the e30 forums say the usdm ellipsoids are worse than the e30 H4 option or the Euro Ellipsoid). Just by a decent set of H4 conversion lights, and DO NOT put HIDs in them.

• Like 1

You mod both the Light and the headlight bucket.

Honestly after having them I thought they were a decrease in light from my sealed beams (and the e30 forums say the usdm ellipsoids are worse than the e30 H4 option or the Euro Ellipsoid). Just by a decent set of H4 conversion lights, and DO NOT put HIDs in them.

I'm not too aware of any brands that do h4's besides hella. 

Do you recommend any? I'll have to do some more research.

FWIW, these are about $4 on rockauto. 

I think most people mod the housing, not the lights? I know I did...

Where on rockauto. I'm not sure what my distributor came off of and I'm still looking right now to find what options are to find the cap. lol

Where on rockauto. I'm not sure what my distributor came off of and I'm still looking right now to find what options are to find the cap. lol

Then spend $2 and buy a rotor too. :rofl:

As long as you use the cap and rotor from the same car, it'll be fine.

If it's matchbox, you want a cap and rotor from a '78 200SX, 510, or 620 truck. They are all interchangeable when done as a "pair". 

Then spend $2 and buy a rotor too. :rofl:

As long as you use the cap and rotor from the same car, it'll be fine.

If it's matchbox, you want a cap and rotor from a '78 200SX, 510, or 620 truck. They are all interchangeable when done as a "pair". 

Thank you. that's some good info.

I want fender mirrors. 

Also, I'm looking into getting a few more cool things. I got some extra money on the side to spend. 

So, I found a few buys but they were on ebay, I was wondering if anyone has ever bought any of these just to see some ratings?

To start, here's these lights? They seem to be alright and they're what I want. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-3-4-HALOGEN-CRYSTAL-CLEAR-HEADLIGHT-AMBER-YELLOW-GLASS-FOG-H4-LIGHT-BULBS-SET-/251759473172?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a9e08b214&vxp=mtr

I'm also interested in these fender mirrors. I'm not sure if anyone has these but I'm looking for something similar to these on the car.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX1QbPvdUT_5UU-J8TUKTU2uA-jfEg_eqKou024TsfwUAGQfHdcQ

Here's another ebay set i found I'm also interested in as well. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-BLUEBIRD-210-310-410-510-1600-SSS-1200-CHROME-FENDER-MIRRORS-PAIR-LH-RH-/311232357013?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4876e4e295&vxp=mtr

Now I just need a front air dam from futofab!!!!

The second set look like they're smaller

Agreed.

Some updates. I finished the battery tray delete.

I just need to weld up this little slash in my bay then I'll be painting soon. 

I'm going to hopefully do the weld tomorrow so that I can paint by sunday. I just won't know if I have enough time to finish tomorrow.

engine%20bay%20bondo_zpsrhufzwim.jpg

I also go my top thermostat housing as well as my nos engine mounts. 

It's coming together. 

really want the fender mirrors on this car. I'm not sure which ones they are but I love them.

datto%20wago_zpspek5a8ob.jpg