Feels like autumn.

DatMo

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he said he bought that cross member which means he'll need a z isolator.

That valve cover will hit ;)

I'm sure it will but I'll see what I can do for clearance :/ 

I'm not looking forward to gettin that z isolator either.

• 2 weeks later...

So here's some pics of what has been happening. I have not had any time so I was not able to do much work lately.

I put in the engine last night so it would be easier to move and I've been doing my researcher because my l20 is fitting way too high.

It was extremely difficult to fit in and I know you need the l16 brackets and l16 mounts which I have.

The engine still sits high and my mounts seem to be about 1.5 inch thick which seems way too thick.

Also, my clearance from the oil pan to xmember is about two fingers or an inch. So I'm assuming it's my mounts for sure.

Here's some pics of the mounts, engine in, and suspension.

I do have to remove the engine later and finish painting.

lowered2_zps79da4760.jpg

lowered_zps0542decd.jpgenginebay1_zps8a310524.jpg

oilpanclearance_zps3dc13f46.jpgsizeclearance_zps1cce9e2b.jpg

clearance2_zpsbf13f8a4.jpg

It's getting there. 

purchased NOS L16 engine mounts and they measure 1 1/8 inches. 

A lot of the time when you buy new ones they are a lot taller than the original ones. In the past I've seen people order 5-6 from Rockauto just to get two that are the right height. 

They work fine for an L16...   ^_^

Oh, and that Coonan. Never seen it work with an L20b.  :rofl:

In the past, the easy solution was always to remove the engine brackets, slots the holes downward, then the engine will sit a good bit lower. 

• Like 1

A lot of the time when you buy new ones they are a lot taller than the original ones. In the past I've seen people order 5-6 from Rockauto just to get two that are the right height. 

They work fine for an L16...   ^_^

Oh, and that Coonan. Never seen it work with an L20b.  :rofl:

In the past, the easy solution was always to remove the engine brackets, slots the holes downward, then the engine will sit a good bit lower. 

I'll slot the engine brackets but I'll also need some nos mounts. Where did ya get yours from?

I'll slot the engine brackets but I'll also need some nos mounts. Where did ya get yours from?

You can get them from Nissan.  I don't know the PN but I'm sure you could find it with a little searching.  I think I paid $20 a piece a few years ago.

• Like 1

Fram=bad. From filter are just plain terrible, mostly cardboard inside with about half the pleats as a Wix or Napa gold.

I wasn't aware. Thanks. I'll be heading to napa this weekend to pick one up then.

You can get them from Nissan.  I don't know the PN but I'm sure you could find it with a little searching.  I think I paid $20 a piece a few years ago.

I'll have to see, the site they gave me was for about $100 for both. I'm gonna see where I can get them for a bit lower. I'm pretty tight on money so need something a bit more on my budget for the moment. 

Its more than just bad filtering from FRAM. You will find more reports of Fram filters killing motors than any other filter. Its just not worth the risk. There is a mod on the CA18 section of NicoClub that blew up a motor, because he drove 50 miles on a Fram (just was going to use it to get home). Filter imploded, went through the pump, and clogged the oil feed to the head. Also went through the crank, and ended up in all the main and rod bearings. Its not worth it.

Its more than just bad filtering from FRAM. You will find more reports of Fram filters killing motors than any other filter. Its just not worth the risk. There is a mod on the CA18 section of NicoClub that blew up a motor, because he drove 50 miles on a Fram (just was going to use it to get home). Filter imploded, went through the pump, and clogged the oil feed to the head. Also went through the crank, and ended up in all the main and rod bearings. Its not worth it.

Holy fuck lol. I wasn't that aware. Luckily I had never had problems before hand but I'll be on my way to get a Napa one soon.