74 620 widebody

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a '74 could be in a '78 show.  A '74 sticker on a '78 would be really interesting. Lots of stuff will swap between years on the 620. Mix 'n match

Can't see why anyone would put a dash in that shape into a '74.

The rad support is correct for a '74. It's not a '75 or newer for sure.

The 'arm rest console box' between the seats is from the mid year '76 and up king cab.

Valve cover could be for a '74 but the carb isn't. Look on top of block behind the dip stick for the engine ID. you might have a newer L20B engine.

You are missing the right hand (as viewed from the front) top front 10mm bolt through the head into the timing cover.

Dash swap might have been for factory AC ducting and controls.  The 74 AC was and under dash add on.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I made the 15 mile journey from my house to the shop where I will be finishing the larger projects. That was a scary drive :)

004_zpsb7578fb7.jpg

First time the beds been cleaned out since I got the truck

005_zps09d662b3.jpg

Got the upper and lower ball joints replaced, now its time to replace this mess of tie rods

507_zpsee1cb827.jpg

Trading my engine harness out of my parts truck for this re-upholstered bench seat

552_zps0de4b808.jpeg

• Like 4

I have the same stepside I bought from California Stepsides  back in 1976 no sure  but I think the front fenders were from an outfit called California sunshine-- not sure 

Maybe California Stepsides also sold the front flares and somebody built a truck named California Sunshine - 0h well that's what I think I remember

Wonder if Steroid will find this? Heeeeeee would know. 

• Like 1

Holy crap what a busy weekend! Saturday I spent many hours working on the brakes, new rubber hoses, booster, and roughed up the pads, rotors, shoes and drums. Little truck finally saw the freeway and did awesome. A whopping 67 MPH (had my fiancé clock me)!

682_zps00f7573c.jpg

687_zpsf795a39f.jpeg

683_zpsa74bf3b2.jpg

22 miles later I made it to my house!

684_zps1c30c325.jpg

Sunday I drove all the way from Roseville to Georgetown (about 37 miles on twisting mountain roads) and everything went fine, until the trip home in the dark when I lost my dash lights and my tail lights..... :(

693_zps04787a0b.jpg

• Like 2