Datsun 610

Shannon

My husband and I found a 73 Datsun 610 in March. Thinking it would be a good car for our 17 year old son, we bought it and it has been on the road maybe one week before it decided to stop. Our issue is the brakes. We have rebuilt everything except the front calipers, since we can't find any. The ignition has its own issues.  We ordered a new ignition assembly, but it was to short, so for now he uses a screw driver to start it. It's a four door with air. The interior is in impeccable condition, all of it is original. No cracks on the dash. Front seats are broken down, but the back seat looks like it has hardly had anyone in it. The odometer is sitting at 129,000 miles. Not much rust, which is amazing since we live in Missouri.

How would I go about finding a reasonable price for resale? My son has decided that he doesn't really like it. I am unable to upload pictures right now. We can be reached at 417-310-6648.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your 17 year old kid does NOT know how lucky he is. The 610s do not have a good resale price. Not like the 510s, the fairladys (zx) & the 1600s. But they should be. 

I guarantee you your son will someday regret selling this peace of history - if ended up selling it. 

But Im sure any of guys here will be willing to scoop it up from you for a fair price

He's 17 and full of entitlement. You provided a car and fixed it up. He should respect that and drive it till he gets a job and can get what he likes. If he doesn't want it, put it under cover in the garage and he can walk.

Second thought sell to someone who wants it and buy him a civic.

• Like 1

Your 17 year old kid does NOT know how lucky he is. The 610s do not have a good resale price. Not like the 510s, the fairladys (zx) & the 1600s. But they should be. 

I guarantee you your son will someday regret selling this peace of history - if ended up selling it. 

But Im sure any of guys here will be willing to scoop it up from you for a fair price

zxs?  i think you may have added one too many letters