1979 Datsun 210 2 door sedan

hondaluvr

I'm picking up a Datsun 210 5 speed 2 door sedan tonight and was trying to find places to get parts for these if possible?

Looking for fender mirrors, chin spoiler, and bumper mods to get rid of those big bulky things. lol New to this car and decided to buy because of the price.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya bud, welcome to forums. Once you pick your car up, Post da pics! As for the parts your looking for, good luck, they are not easy to find nor cheap to buy. I've been lucky enough to find what I have. The one thing you'll find off the bat is fender mirrors but they are not real JDM and the mirror quality suck. I found the grill and front bumper, both of which ran me almost 400 a piece. So any piece your wanting, is going to be running about 300 to 400 per item when it comes to JDM stuff cus that is only parts that look for the 210 sadly.

Nope, nothing body wise doesn't. Some stuff from the A10 (77-79) 510 will, like the x member for engine swap and I've been told the gauge cluster will too so you can put a factory style tech in without chopping stuff up.

lol the user name is very old and from my first forum I signed up on nearly 8 years ago. This car is just a cheap cheap toy, now that I bought a 02 impreza wrx as my fun/project car. I didn't want another expensive project, just something cheap and fun. I got the car cheap (to save it from going to the scrap yard.) running with 108k miles.

• Like 1

I'll probably end up getting the ones on ebay. They are about 2 weeks out sadly. Just figured I would see how easy/hard parts hunting for these cars are. I've been sick since I went and picked it up, so I haven't really got to mess with the car any.

Too sick to post pics, eh?

Pretty much haha. I live in Enid, OK and drove to Halstead, KS (2 1/2 hours one way) and drove it back. I didn't get home until about 2:30am and woke up sick (fever, sore throat, headache, and bodyache) the next day. Today is the first day that I actually feel good, so I'll probably work on the car tonight and clean it up. I'll have some better pictures then.

I did order some NGK wires, Denso plugs, and a new valve cover gasket for it from Napa. I'll be getting me a nissan filter and some oil and doing an oil change as well. The motor runs so well, It really amazed me. 

20140813_174303_zpsy1hwyi3m.jpg

20140813_174317_zpsingwl4do.jpg

imagejpeg_0_zpsnonchz4f.jpg

• Like 1

I hate to be that guy, but your car is a sedan, not a coupe.  ;)

This is the coupe:

datsun-210-1978-submitted-by-rick-feibus

And I'm a little jealous. I reeeeally want another 210...   :wub:

Getting the 210 bug again John? XD Yeah, I thought so, yours is the Sedan, like mine.

20140412_181558_zpse52bde02.jpg

I'll have to get some new pics soon. That JDM grill is the 2nd one I found and this one took me 4 years to find and costed about 380 to get from AUS. Costly but worth it. Just need to figure out how I'm going to get the fog lights to work, there is nothing that holds a bulb in the back. Just a smooth hole, it's really odd. If you can find one, be ready to snag it quick because they do not come around often.

Not a bad score, very straight! How is your dash pad, is still intact or cracked? If it's not cracked then you got a real good score.

The dash isn't bad. Has about 3 cracks. I'm working on cleaning it up before I take some interior pictures. Looks like my car has a/c all intact as well. 

I hate to be that guy, but your car is a sedan, not a coupe.  ;)

This is the coupe:

datsun-210-1978-submitted-by-rick-feibus

And I'm a little jealous. I reeeeally want another 210...   :wub:

2 door sedan just sounds weird to me lol. First car that I have seen where they call it that.

Getting the 210 bug again John? XD Yeah, I thought so, yours is the Sedan, like mine.

20140412_181558_zpse52bde02.jpg

I'll have to get some new pics soon. That JDM grill is the 2nd one I found and this one took me 4 years to find and costed about 380 to get from AUS. Costly but worth it. Just need to figure out how I'm going to get the fog lights to work, there is nothing that holds a bulb in the back. Just a smooth hole, it's really odd. If you can find one, be ready to snag it quick because they do not come around often.

Gah, that thing is clean! What chin spoiler is that? I have been looking for parts a lot since I got the car. I bought it just for a toy and now I'm thinking about making a little nicer and keeping it around.

2 door sedan just sounds weird to me lol. First car that I have seen where they call it that.

Surprisingly common in the Datsun world. Tons of models came in both a 2dr sedan and a 2dr coupe.   :thumbup:

And it does sound weird. Domestics always call the 4dr the sedan and the 2dr the coupe. Datsun's problem was making two different 2drs in almost every model.   :rofl:

Gah, that thing is clean! What chin spoiler is that? 

That's the stock chin spoiler/lower valence for a '79. 

18ay9cziknzzrjpg.jpg