720 4x4 suspension swap?

Thisolddatsun

I havnt looked to much at a double t case I actually wonder why people do it

Because it's fun going slow over insurmountable obstacles. I do it because I like the wilderness and my crawler is the only way to get there.

Check out this video from two years ago at the King of the Hammers race.

• Like 1
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't compete, but I help with the cars and the race. Last year I was car chief for a friend's team. This year I am with a new team, a team that finished 8th last year. Hardaway Racing.

It is the most fun thing I have ever been a part of, even with my road racing background, this is hands down the best. Imagine trying to build a race car that can do 100 mph across the desert with 3 foot deep whoops and a 1000 pounds of front axle and tires trying to come up and knock you out, then 3 minutes later you're in low range climbing a rock face...or over another car.

It is exhilarating.

• Like 2

So that video was just a small part of a bigger race?

I was of the opinion that the guy threw a rock at the rig that had just run over his or his friends rig, I had no idea what was going on other than some folks were trying to climb that hill, but if that was just part of a larger race, I understand a couple things now, like why that one rig had sirens and such going on, as that was their way of warning folks that they were coming, and to be aware and stay out of the way, and why there were so many people there, as that is likely one of the highlight areas.

It is kinda funny that you just become part of the terrain if you get stuck in a race like that, so even though the one that got run over may get upset, it's just part of the game.

• Like 2

I don't compete, but I help with the cars and the race. Last year I was car chief for a friend's team. This year I am with a new team, a team that finished 8th last year. Hardaway Racing.

It is the most fun thing I have ever been a part of, even with my road racing background, this is hands down the best. Imagine trying to build a race car that can do 100 mph across the desert with 3 foot deep whoops and a 1000 pounds of front axle and tires trying to come up and knock you out, then 3 minutes later you're in low range climbing a rock face...or over another car.

It is exhilarating.

Yes! The baja racing, koh, an other rock racing is soo amazing I worked turns at a race track up in washington and it was the coolest thing I have ever done hands down. I would love to even help out and just play around before and after races after watching hours of video of King of the hammers Im like crazy in love with it.
  • Like 1

So that video was just a small part of a bigger race?

I was of the opinion that the guy threw a rock at the rig that had just run over his or his friends rig, I had no idea what was going on other than some folks were trying to climb that hill, but if that was just part of a larger race, I understand a couple things now, like why that one rig had sirens and such going on, as that was their way of warning folks that they were coming, and to be aware and stay out of the way, and why there were so many people there, as that is likely one of the highlight areas.

It is kinda funny that you just become part of the terrain if you get stuck in a race like that, so even though the one that got run over may get upset, it's just part of the game.

Yeah, a much bigger race. In the early morning roughly 200 cars start the race, there are three laps, each one about 20-30 miles, but the laps can alternate with optional bypasses and mandatory sections. Only about one third of the cars finish when they call the race at 10pm.

• Like 2

Sure, I love fabricating, building, getting things running, resurecting an old piece of iron. It's the phone time, dealing with customers, parts procurement, billing that takes the fun out of it. I spend two hours every morning on the computer and phone, that's before I even get to the shop.

I do have fun though. I love building trucks. I don't know what it is about trucks...

Sure, I love fabricating, building, getting things running, resurecting an old piece of iron. It's the phone time, dealing with customers, parts procurement, billing that takes the fun out of it. I spend two hours every morning on the computer and phone, that's before I even get to the shop.

I do have fun though. I love building trucks. I don't know what it is about trucks...

I know the feeling. I was in welding for most of my highschool career and it was one of the things i truly enjoy. Iv drawn up blueprints for a front bumper on my truck and a flatbed. I would love to learn some more fabrication and just more about trucks/ motors in general I think its amazing the things you can do with them. Where are you located?

Yeah, a much bigger race. In the early morning roughly 200 cars start the race, there are three laps, each one about 20-30 miles, but the laps can alternate with optional bypasses and mandatory sections. Only about one third of the cars finish when they call the race at 10pm.

Don't forget the 75-80% attrition rate :lol: 

• Like 1