Pacifico santa monica pier special guests going

its-dat510

If you want a fun show, why don't some of try the Multi-state Datsun show in  Williams show next year  :thumbup:

Plenty of trailer parking around town available   :rofl:

why would you want to trailer your datsun to the show it is much more fun to drive them 

also I am going to blame this event for my low sales at eagle rock it got all the datto heads in a bad mood and took all their money for registration and food 

• Like 2
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh... These Saturday shows always come off the heels of double shifts at my restaurant. By the time I get here I am so tired. Yeah it wasn't what I expected, but these guys are new. I was just happy to see all you guys and joke with Ray and John Williams (The Composer). Had more fun with the Elias brothers and Oscar Riken Meshes. Love you guys. Too bad you all live in the crappy Inland Empire...

Tanker, I really was temped to come up to you and ask "so man, where's that tank of gas you said you'd give me?" haha

I honestly was imagining the entire lot to be full of cars for the show. Getting there and seeing a small corner of the lot was kinda... WTF?! Being handed a $.50 cent poster, valued at a steal of $10, driving in was already a slap in the face. I'd expect something a little better and more useable... like a shirt maybe? Then they have the nerve to charge $25 for a damn shirt. Really? Literally costs less than $5 to make one shirt. Oh, you want one generic sticker that can be made by anyone with a printer? That'll be $5.

Overall, the show itself was ok. They said they're doing another show in April, but I probably won't go. $60 after gas and food for me to sit under a tent most of the day for a poster is kind of a waste of time. If I had the money I'd have no problem driving 15 hours to Canby.

Historic J... fix your shit!!!

No offense Alex

Yo, don't bring me in this. I just take the pictures! 

• Like 1

Sigh... These Saturday shows always come off the heels of double shifts at "MY" restaurant. By the time I get here I am so tired. Yeah it wasn't what I expected, but these guys are new. I was just happy to see all you guys and joke with Ray and John Williams (The Composer). Had more fun with the Elias brothers and Oscar Riken Meshes. Love you guys. Too bad you all live in the crappy Inland Empire...

Well shit. If you came out here then you wouldn't need to work a double shift. You could just do like me. Pay cash for a single wide trailer and live in the crappy IE and have crappy honda seats in your car.  

I didn't know you owned a restaurant...

• Like 1

For anyone who was miffed about the heat, it's California guys, it gets hot here.. If anyone also recalls JCCS 2012 it was a record high in Long Beach of 105 degrees or something ridiculous like that. It was Santa Monica off the 10 freeway, so I expected a shit show of traffic when the Pacifico car meet ended at 16:00. But some of the observations I made about Pacifico were:

-Lack of any formal announcements welcoming everyone to the event. Actually there were no announcements to speak of at all.

-Lack of proper staffing to direct traffic.

-There needed to be better placement of cars according to make/model so that we weren't all lumped together. Their reasoning behind doing so did not make sense since there were only 4 catagories to be judged.

-They needed to at least inform registered guests of the awards catagories that would be judged. This seems rather unfair that trucks would be judged against coupes against sedans against wagons and so forth.

-An incentive discount on Pacifico goods for registered guests seemed to be a no brainer. If one had been inclined, they would have spent $25 on a T shirt, and $35 for registration.

-Rules need to be in place so that there are not children riding scooters, and I believe I saw people riding beach cruisers through the event? This is a show of classic and sometimes expensive vehicles! They run huge liabilities should some kid crash into one of our cars.

I am sure there is more, but everyone seems to be covering this topic pretty well.

• Like 3

Well shit. If you came out here then you wouldn't need to work a double shift. You could just do like me. Pay cash for a single wide trailer and live in the crappy IE and have crappy honda seats in your car.  

I didn't know you owned a restaurant...

I can't dignify this with a response... wait.. I just did..

• Like 3