My $50 dollar 79 k/c w/ a/c

RacnJsn95

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dad says I should put the engine in my 4x4 with my intake and exhaust, and run it... Not a bad idea... ?

You should use it to build your 4X4 if the floors are clean.

That AC compressor can fill an air tank for onboard air, could come in handy in the woods. The compressor is a York, oil bath crank case, very durable.

Nice score :D

Due to my recent aquisition, and people pointing out the "79 only" differences, it made me think... My 77 strangely has a few of these 79 only traits... I went to investigate the situation, and I would almost bet money that my 77 is actually a 79, and someone swapped vin plates on it. Clues:

•Stainless trim around k/c windows

•Intermittent wipers!

•Underhood inspection stickers say "slog legal for 1979"

•Seat belts say "MFG in 1878"!

•Tailgate liner

And just for kicks... It's also got blue door panels... Verrrryyy interesting.... I'd never really questioned it before.

The '79 has the radio aerial on the driver's side a dead give away. I know yours is now fender mounted so check the drivers side for the patched holes. Get a wire brush and clean the frame top just ahead of the mm and behind the alternator for the frame number. It should match the VIN/serial number records on the ownership. Could have a