My $50 dollar 79 k/c w/ a/c

RacnJsn95

Went and picked up this 79 K/C w/ a/c today for $50 bucks! Ran when parked about 10 years ago. 2 owner truck, last titled in 84 (I've never seen an oregon title so old)...

The engine isn't locked up, nor is the a/c compressor. Will it run? I dont know. It probably could with some work... Plans? I think I'll use the cab, doors, and bed on my 620 4x4. Mine is full of rust. Aside from that, who knows?

ghettointake011.jpg

ghettointake012.jpg

ghettointake014.jpg

ghettointake016.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of thoughts. We don't usually see 1979 BLUE door panels in that good of shape. If You don't save them, at least photo document them. Also, are all 4 rims identical? Those would be what We call "generation 4" rims with the slots for disc brake cooling. There might be beautyrings that the owner has and also hubcaps. If they weren't in the truck, ask if He still has them. You should have a tailgate liner. Is it in good shape? I have Mine powdercoated. On 79s the kingcab windows and windshield should have stainless steel trim. Hard items to find now. There are a few other '79 only things if it is that complete. Keep an eye out for them when You begin stripping it out.

Another RARE item that could be on that truck would be intermittent windsheild wipers. Pull the wiper switch and see how many clicks it comes out. Off and two clicks or Off and three clicks. I am interested in the A/C parts that are under the hood if you decide to part that truck out. I would also be interested in the mounting brackets for the electric fuel pump that should be mounted near the right rear tire. Also the fuel pump too.

Jason

great score. electronic ignition. front discs. ac. will you be trying to fire it up just to see what happens?

th_620r1.jpg

Pretty amazing...

Sadly only one of the door panels is in good shape. Yes, all 4 of the wheels are identical, however, no beauty rings, or hubcaps :( I haven't decided to keep the a/c for my 620 or not yet, only time will tell. The wiper switch is missing.

I was pretty surprised myself! All I did was hook up the old plug wires in the bed, and fill the float bowl up with fuel from the vents, and it runs! I played with it a little more after the video, I can keep it idling for quite a while with some well timed "hand-choking" of the carb. I'm sure the 10+ year old gas doesn't help. The fuel pump is working though, so that's a plus. I can't really test out the stuff inside the cab because I dont have a key... If you notice in the video I'm using a remote starter, and I have a hot wire running to the coil.

My Dad says I should put the engine in my 4x4 with my intake and exhaust, and run it... Not a bad idea... ?

th_620r1.jpg

Pretty amazing...

Sadly only one of the door panels is in good shape. Yes, all 4 of the wheels are identical, however, no beauty rings, or hubcaps :( I haven't decided to keep the a/c for my 620 or not yet, only time will tell. The wiper switch is missing.

Welcome to the "buy a 'dead' datsun for less than $100 that actually works and runs fine" club :lol:

You can pull the column ignition switch and take it down to bearcreek lock and they'll charge you like $30 to make a key for it I think. That should subsequently work on the doors (if no one swapped anything).

It feels nice to actually get a deal on a datsun... I was getting tired of trading limbs... If you guys look close, it even has the "super rare" trim piece on the front of the hood, above the grille... Nice! Mileage on the odometer reads about 95k... Unfortunately the old '84 title doesnt show the mileage when it was registered. Who knows if it's rolled over or not?