Phantom Z Sport

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys should check out the movie , it would explain alot about the jaguar hearse.... alot

On subject of 280 family truckster,,,,,, they should have put the huge bumpers on it , just to make it a complete fail.  I would think they should have also  at least just dropped it on top of F150 frame with 44" mudders on it ,, so to make it an easier sale in rural , Idaho.

Oh man I love this. In the picture with the concept drawing there's some serious Volvo 1800es window and wheel arch thing going on which makes it kinda boring. The curved quarter glass is more exciting even if it does fall away on the top to conform to the door glass line. Also I think this is a case where a vinyl roof might actually be preferable than how it is right now.

Ya, seeing the movie will put the car into context.

With the fail comment, gonna say not a fan?

You guys should check out the movie , it would explain alot about the jaguar hearse.... alot

On subject of 280 family truckster,,,,,, they should have put the huge bumpers on it , just to make it a complete fail.  I would think they should have also  at least just dropped it on top of F150 frame with 44" mudders on it ,, so to make it an easier sale in rural , Idaho.

On a new car??? Forget that man. with all the modern bracing and what not, and the fact modern cars are 50% or more poly materials, that would be a stupid amount of work.

But can you imagine cutting a roof off a new car and re-welding on a roof ! Much work .

• Like 1

With the fail comment, gonna say not a fan?

Yeah that would be an understatement,, to me it is a goofy looking 2+2 stretched out like those mustang/ camaro ones that were built,, and forgotten because,, well they sucked.

Oh those that say " But it was built by the famous blah, blah, blah" ..WELL to that I say,, if Michelangelo drew a stickman penis on a white board,, would it be put up in a museum with as much reverence as statue of David?

2014 ZCON: Z fans, a BIG surprise will be revealed on Aug 7th!Mid 1960s’, before the first generation Fairlady Z, known as Datsun 240Z in US, came out, Mr. Matsuo and his design team already had concept cars for next the generation of Fairl...ady, known as Datsun Roadster in US. Mr. Katayama, president of Nissan USA at the time, gave “go sign” for the production of the Z cars when he first met Mr. Matsuo at Nissan Design center in Yokohama. As designing progressed toward production, design team came up with variation of this special sport car: GT Racing version, Targa top, Convertible, Coupe with notch back, 2+2, and station wagon. However, only 2+2 version became production car 5 years later.

48 years later, Mr. Matsuo helped Jay Ataka to bring this special Z to reality. This car is about passion, history, and pursuing a beautiful automobile design. Mr. Matsuo will be at presentation of this special car at Z Con 2014 in San Diego, CA in August.

Hate it, like it...for one man, his dream came true at long last. Sometimes people come up with good ideas and bad ideas but I respect those who at least see it through to the end, no matter how long it takes.

cars005Large.jpg

There's one just down the island from me. Hainz you're right the P1800 hands down better looking than that Z. There's always someone trying to revise history with 'this is what should/could have been'. Like the world would miss a '69 GTO station wagon, or a Stingray goon. In what string theory alternate dimension would a two seater sports car ever be offered as a goon??????

• Like 1