See, this is your prerogative, and you have every right to feel this way. Honestly, usually just carry my taser as I'd rather not have to kill anyone myself.

But....when a person feels they needs to in order to protect themselves, and they've earned the right through the legal checks required, it is their priviplage to do so. If they do come to the situation where they need to draw their weapon (and let's pray that situation never happens), they will need to act accordingly and think with reason and logic.

Oh and to add. If someone holds another up with a fake gun pretending it to be real, and he gets shot, it's his own fault. I would not condemn a single soul for defending themselves against this as it could've easily been real.

This is why this argument is not for the internet. It's more of a local argument. I don't have lions and tigers, nor gang bangers and Canadiens. If I did, a gun might make more sense. Though recent events have strengthened my understanding that no one man shall feel empowered to stand judge and jury when the sentence is death. Why wield a weapon that judges with such definitive consequence. Especially when a tazer can actually wield more immediate and consistent stopping power. Let's face it. The vast majority of people who own "guns" plural, have them because they are incredible machines that combine fun, power, and genius. Defense is a need for some, and guns are the appropriate tool for some, but the vast majority don't carry a gun because it is the most effective form of defense. Many just carry guns for the reasons listed above. That leaves them with one option in the event that they need force, and often it is lethal.

Guns are incredible inventions. And I love mine. But if I was feeling threatened, killed a father of five who held me up with an air soft gun because his kids were hungry, I would wish that I had mace or a tazer. But that's just me. I'd hate to die for a mistake I made, judged by a vigilante with a gun. That includes those paid by a government to carry a gun.

K, go ahead and pick it apart. In the end, I've thought this through. I'd never say no guns. I'd even hate to prohibit open carry. But I do challenge 9 out of 10 people who carry them to their consider the position they are putting them self in.

-the guy who doesn't feel threatened regularly.

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to touch on the "just call the police and let them do there job" mentality. Yes you can do that with out question when youre in danger, and they will come, BUT they will be there in minutes, when seconds is all you have.

I want to touch on the "just call the police and let them do there job" mentality. Yes you can do that with out question when youre in danger, and they will come, BUT they will be there in minutes, when seconds is all you have.

And to add on to that. Depending on where you live could make you feel like you can't rely on the police. Unfortunately the cops in the city where I live make Barney Fife seem competent. And I don't live in a tiny town either.

Example:

I had someone break into my back yard and steel an engine from me. F&@#ers prolly only swiped it to melt it down and get the $2 of material from it. Either way, I called the cops to make a police report, and the Douche started trying to find ways of making it my fault and bitching about my car projects to begin with. Instead of helping a victim, who I might add has never committed a crime, he decided to find a way to demonize and I'm sure in his mind, criminalize the innocent instead of doing his job.

The cops where I live feel they need to pull over the JDM card with loud exhausts instead of dealing with the rampant drug trade in the area, the homeless population steeling anything that isn't bolted down, robberies, drunk driving. Where I live is no Compton, but it's not the Rits either.

So relying on the police totally depends not on the time as stated above, but whether you feel you can rely on them in the first place just to do their jobs.

Why Mike(scared)?

:rofl:

Try Aurora ave(seattle) late at night in a 510 :thumbup:

Its a blast, a bit scetchy..but fun

try oakland, california. i live an hour away and used to drive there every weekend for this girl i met. if it was late at night, you just end up running half of the lights to avoid getting car jacked. 

Additional add-on. I've had a creeper couple roll down my driveway and try to snatch up a kiddo, my nanny called the cops and they still haven't showed up. I live less than two blocks away from an elementary school. I have little faith in the pd around my area due to lack of requirement making them lazy in my town and Seattle, well, let's just say I own but rarely carry. I feel I'm more likely to be accosted by a cop than I am a citizin they seem to be there more to waste the time of everybody else than actually serve justice to me.

And to add on to that. Depending on where you live could make you feel like you can't rely on the police. Unfortunately the cops in the city where I live make Barney Fife seem competent. And I don't live in a tiny town either.

Example:

I had someone break into my back yard and steel an engine from me. F&@#ers prolly only swiped it to melt it down and get the $2 of material from it. Either way, I called the cops to make a police report, and the Douche started trying to find ways of making it my fault and bitching about my car projects to begin with. Instead of helping a victim, who I might add has never committed a crime, he decided to find a way to demonize and I'm sure in his mind, criminalize the innocent instead of doing his job.

The cops where I live feel they need to pull over the JDM card with loud exhausts instead of dealing with the rampant drug trade in the area, the homeless population steeling anything that isn't bolted down, robberies, drunk driving. Where I live is no Compton, but it's not the Rits either.

So relying on the police totally depends not on the time as stated above, but whether you feel you can rely on them in the first place just to do their jobs.

• Like 1

Watch some video on live leak and enjoy the quality of people we have on our planet.

Even as shitty as it may seem to some in the USA this country is fairy tale compared to places around the globe. Not that it should affect my right to open carry. I don't ever want to lose my options because these same quality retards cut from the same cloth as shown in Smokes photo live here too.

Leave my rights alone because your opinion or FEELINGS tell you its bad. People suck and I want to keep the tool that keeps criminals second guessing an impulse to commit.

• Like 2

I treat an open carry person as a threat to my safety unless their an officer of the law. There is absolutely no reason for civilians to open carry. If you wanna carry around a gun for protection then conceal it and don't draw attention. If you pull it out you better be ready to pull that trigger.

• Like 2

I treat an open carry person as a threat to my safety unless their an officer of the law. There is absolutely no reason for civilians to open carry. If you wanna carry around a gun for protection then conceal it and don't draw attention. If you pull it out you better be ready to pull that trigger.

Again, to have an open carry permit, you have to pass a rather rigorous psych evaluation. The people with open (and concealed) permits are truly among the last of your worries.

I do agree with the concealed carry as it makes you less of a target to said baddies. But being afraid of someone who has been deemed psychologically sound by some of the most rigorous evaluations around probably isn't the answer. Everyone keeps bringing up the 'paranoid' argument for people who carry. Maybe, just maybe, the people afraid of the ones who carry might be a bit paranoid of them?

it would be like ratwagon to huck wrenches into well oil machine and disappear for another 6 months

Nah, fuck it, why would I go and hibernate again when there is this much fun to be had on Ratsun.

This thread is a psychologists wet dream and mega orgasm rolled into one.

• Like 2

I had a conversation with a woman the the grocery store who was open carrying. I asker why she chose to open carry?: "its my second amendment right and totally lwaful in Washington state". Why don't you conceal carry? "Its hard to conceal a gun this big(she had a full size block on her hip) and it doesn't require a permit". If I was a crazed madman and I wanted to kill people would you shoot me?: "yes I would, to defend myself and those around me.". What if you're the first person I see and I grab your gun and kill you with it and go about my killing spree, then what would you do? : yiy wouldn't get my gun." I could have just before I started talking to you when you reached for that package if lunch meat, you had one hand holding yourself up and the other reaching for the product, which was your draw hand, it would have been very easy to take it.....her only responce was a shocked look, so I told her get a conceal carry permit and walked away

• Like 2