• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns/religion are like having a penis.  It's a wonderful thing to have, but please don't take it out and try to shove it down my throat.  The children's book is fucking stupid, and I'm pro-gun.  I'm not pro-moron, however.  Living in the ghetto of Spokane, I do carry concealed, especially at night.  I have a permit for that.  No waiting period either.  The cops already have all the information they could possibly want on me.  Hell, I was bonded in Arizona as an apartment maintenance mechanic, my fingerprints are in the database.

That being said, nine times out of ten, guns aren't going to help you.  I have taken to carrying pepper spray now, moreso than the .45 because it's just easier and I don't have to worry about the repercussions of pepper-spraying someone.  Not to mention I can run faster than most anyone who would want to attack me.

HOWEVER, living in the ghetto, you have to watch out for loose pitbulls, methheads, gangs and gangs of methheads, etc.  Most of these can be handled with pepper spray, but if you're walking around at night by yourself, you can bet your sweet ass I'm packing.  The odd thing is, just 30 miles away in Coeur d' Alene, I don't worry about it much.

There's a time and a place for everything.  Hell, I open carried to the grocery store just the other day.  Why?  Because it was 96 degrees out and people in the ghetto start getting itchy at those temps and I didn't want to be fucked with.  Panhandlers/bums/methheads generally give you a wide berth if you're openly carrying a sidearm.  And that IS legal in WA.  Of course, you may well be stopped by the police and asked what you're doing.  That is ALSO perfectly legal.  Not being an asshat and having the proper credentials is what separates the good gun-carrying from the gun-happy morons.

• Like 8

Fact is most shootings are done with illegally obtained firearms by people who are not allowed to have them.

If "the baddies" want the guns they'll get them, if they can't get guns they will get something else.

You know what happens to the mugger that brandishes a knife? He gets what he wants, or he gets shot.

• Like 2

She bought guns used in the killing spree legally. I'm just stirring the pot anyways. If he could he would've been an open carry at target children's isle kinda guy....

Don't tread on me unless its a republican treading all over me...

You know what happens to the mugger that brandishes a knife? He gets what he wants, or he gets shot.

Or he gets his fucking knee cap kicked in and the knife in his chest. People aren't prepared when you act fast, charge and are inside their defenses in a split second.

• Like 1

She bought guns used in the killing spree legally. I'm just stirring the pot anyways. If he could he would've been an open carry at target children's isle kinda guy....

Don't tread on me unless its a republican treading all over me...

Still, no carry permit which was the original point to begin with. Unfortunately yes, sometimes guns are purchased legally by people who shouldn't own one. But as she had no criminal record, no flags were raised. Which brings us back to the carry permit argument. You need to pass a psych evaluation and again makes the original point more valid.

Not sure what the don't tread on me comment is all about, but whatever.

• Like 1

I think learning how to fight is a better defense than a gun.

No!  A Ceramic plate vest, or a 2 or 4 shot "concealable" Derringer type firearm is what we need!  If your life is  in danger, better to argue with the [idiot] Distritrict Attorney than the Lawyer who is settingling your estate!  Or the hired fool who the assasain;s family hired to milk your fututre earnings.

This is why this argument is not for the internet. It's more of a local argument. I don't have lions and tigers, nor gang bangers and Canadiens. If I did, a gun might make more sense. Though recent events have strengthened my understanding that no one man shall feel empowered to stand judge and jury when the sentence is death. Why wield a weapon that judges with such definitive consequence. Especially when a tazer can actually wield more immediate and consistent stopping power. Let's face it. The vast majority of people who own "guns" plural, have them because they are incredible machines that combine fun, power, and genius. Defense is a need for some, and guns are the appropriate tool for some, but the vast majority don't carry a gun because it is the most effective form of defense. Many just carry guns for the reasons listed above. That leaves them with one option in the event that they need force, and often it is lethal.

Guns are incredible inventions. And I love mine. But if I was feeling threatened, killed a father of five who held me up with an air soft gun because his kids were hungry, I would wish that I had mace or a tazer. But that's just me. I'd hate to die for a mistake I made, judged by a vigilante with a gun. That includes those paid by a government to carry a gun.

K, go ahead and pick it apart. In the end, I've thought this through. I'd never say no guns. I'd even hate to prohibit open carry. But I do challenge 9 out of 10 people who carry them to their consider the position they are putting them self in.

-the guy who doesn't feel threatened regularly.

• Like 4

This is why this argument is not for the internet. It's more of a local argument. I don't have lions and tigers, nor gang bangers and Canadiens. 

But you do have Samoans and Yakuza!

I did, a gun might make more sense. Though recent events have strengthened my understanding that no one man shall feel empowered to stand judge and jury when the sentence is death. Why wield a weapon that judges with such definitive consequence. Especially when a tazer can actually wield more immediate and consistent stopping power.

Aren'i Tazers subject to the same restrictions in Hawaii?

Let's face it. The vast majority of people who own "guns" plural, have them because they are incredible machines that combine fun, power, and genius. Defense is a need for some, and guns are the appropriate tool for some, but the vast majority don't carry a gun because it is the most effective form of defense. Many just carry guns for the reasons listed above. That leaves them with one option in the event that they need force, and often it is lethal.

Guns are incredible inventions. And I love mine. But if I was feeling threatened, killed a father of five who held me up with an air soft gun because his kids were hungry

And how would you would determine that the weapon was an Airsoft, and not a real weapon?  Wait until the perp had shot you? Let's get real world here!,

I would wish that I had mace or a tazer.

Then go buy one!

But that's just me. I'd hate to die for a mistake I made, judged by a vigilante with a gun. That includes those paid by a government to carry a gun.

If the robber has a "model gun", he or she wanted you to believe it was a real fatal one! Believe him or her and act accordinaly and preserve you and your loved one's lives!

K, go ahead and pick it apart. In the end, I've thought this through. I'd never say no guns. I'd even hate to prohibit open carry. But I do challenge 9 out of 10 people who carry them to their consider the position they are putting them self in.

-the guy who doesn't feel threatened regularly.

Have a happy few weeks in paradiseuntil the locals read your wimpy outlook on life and self defence!

• Like 1

every person if they so choose,  should be able to carry a gun, and use it whenever they feel necessary, defend a parking spot, cut in line, defend a line cut, etc.

than the world will be rid of all who are arrogant and stupid, and thus no more crime because idiots will become smart enough to not do dumb shit like rob, cheat and steal  ....

simple really

• Like 1

Holy crap!  who'da thunk it.  The parents on the cover are blond haired blue eyed...

The reason I think this is obnoxious is not because I hate guns (I dont), but this book is propaganda.  As in, the intention of the book is to convert the opinion of the kids reading it / being read it.  The difference between this and a book telling kids to not take candy from strangers who look like Smoke is one helps kids, the other helps parents.  

I'm not making a strong argument I know.  This just feels selfish.  

I managed to catch some shrapnel on this I see. :rofl:

• Like 1