You do know just like the whole Glass-Steagall repeal being Bush's fault Myth?  So was the myth of a surplus being left behind by Clinton. The Congress are the ones who manage the books, and there was no surplus of funds. Debt to GPD was far better off, but no money was pooled up. 

Our government is not designed for Plus side economics, or surplus.

I'm not a Clinton fan but I will give him credit for:

1: liking to win elections.

2: not fighting the idea of an opponent if it was working and had widespread public support.

He initially fought welfare reform but when he saw a majority of the voters supported it he got behind the idea and, by the time his term had ended, he had claimed and was given credit for the idea - much to the chagrin of the repubs.

Gingrich's 1994 "Contract with America" did save the US taxpayer some money but in some unconventional ways. one example that has stuck with me for the last two decades was eliminating daily delivery of buckets of ice to all the congressional and senatorial offices. This practice was a holdover from the pre-AC and refrigeration days and it just never dawned on anyone to stop the tradition. The buckets of ice would melt, unused and the process repeated the next day ad infinitum. Gingrich eliminate this in 1995 and caught quite a bit of flak from some dems for this.

BTW, Gingrich was eliminated in the late 1990s via a coup led by an orange-skinned sumbitch named John Boehner. Gingrich was always a bit unloved in DC. In the 1980s there was a joke that went, "Ronald Reagan is stranded on a desert island with Quadafi, Arafat and Gingrich. He has a pistol but only two bullets so what does he do? He shoots Gingrich twice."

• Like 2
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know just like the whole Glass-Steagall repeal being Bush's fault Myth?  So was the myth of a surplus being left behind by Clinton. The Congress are the ones who manage the books, and there was no surplus of funds. Debt to GPD was far better off, but no money was pooled up. 

Our government is not designed for Plus side economics, or surplus. 

Could it be that when funds are spent at a reduced rate than expected... this could be viewed as a surplus?

• Like 1

Could it be that when funds are spent at a reduced rate than expected... this could be viewed as a surplus?

Its also a misnomer as budget reduction lol

It actually is sickening the way words are twisted to make really crappy things acceptable.  Political tongue crafting.

• Like 3

I am curious why it is disgusting?

Trump characterizes people of an entire religious belief as "snakes", and you ask why that disgusts me. Terrorism is scary stuff, but I'm smart enough to recognize a snake when I see one.

I have Muslim friends, and neighbors, my doubter plays with muslim kids at school, I've worked with people of the Muslim faith, shit my family Dr. is Muslim. THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT FUCKING "snakes". Please tell me you see that slimy ass propaganda video plays into fear, not reason.

Trump characterizes people of an entire religious belief as "snakes", and you ask why that disgusts me. Terrorism is scary stuff, but I'm smart enough to recognize a snake when I see one.

I have Muslim friends, and neighbors, my doubter plays with muslim kids at school, I've worked with people of the Muslim faith, shit my family Dr. is Muslim. THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT FUCKING "snakes". Please tell me you see that slimy ass propaganda video plays into fear, not reason.

When has Trump ever said that Muslims are snakes ? Not all Muslims are terrorists but a very very large percentage of terrorists are Muslims.Have you ever seen any of the terrorist propaganda ? how about the footage they show of decapitations and torture.And you think Trump is the bad guy ? What reasonable solution do you think there is to stop terrorist attacks in any country,not just the U.S.

Trump never said Muslim's are snakes. Projected inference? 

I am perfectly ok with stopping all immigration until a system has been put in place to assure the country is not receiving a dangerous individual. Its not going to hurt our country to do this. 

It hurts feelings though so we better watch out for those.

• Like 3

Yeah even I can see it's directed at extremists.

... who are mostly Muslim. Anything taken to extreme is dangerous for the person and the people around him. If it's religious extremism even more so.  

• Like 1

Trump never said Muslim's are snakes. Projected inference? 

I am perfectly ok with stopping all immigration until a system has been put in place to assure the country is not receiving a dangerous individual. Its not going to hurt our country to do this. 

It hurts feelings though so we better watch out for those.

Give me a break Matt and Mike. We know what Trump's projected inference was with the snake analogy and clearly illustrated with the imagery used in the video. He also specifically identified muslims as the group of people he wanted block immigration to the US, not "all" immigration, just Muslims. You think this is about hurt feelings, but you don't even realize how your freedom and liberty are threatened by this way of thinking. Oh that the world were so damn simple as the way you guys frame it.