• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Emory University president says students are scared and 'in pain' after someone wrote 'Trump 2016' in chalk on campus

The president of Emory University has spoken to demonstrators who said they were frightened after someone wrote 'Trump 2016' in chalk around campus.

Students at the Atlanta school, which has an enrollment of more than 14,000 claim their 'safe space' was violated when the messages appeared on sidewalks and buildings.

Jim Wagner, president of the Atlanta university, wrote Tuesday that the students viewed the messages as intimidation, and they voiced 'genuine concern and pain' as a result.

He acted after student government wrote to him and slammed the university's response, prompting a meeting that led to protests.

Emory's student newspaper, The Wheel, said Wagner outlined four steps that administrators plan to take in order to address the issues raised by the protesters who said they were in pain in a campus-wide email.

He proposed 'immediate refinements to certain policies and procedural deficiencies; regular and structured opportunities for difficult dialogues; a formal process to institutionalize identification, review and addressing of social justice opportunities and issues; and commitment to an annual retreat to renew [their] efforts.'

Wagner added that the Freedom of Expression Committee is meeting to address whether the person or people responsible for the chalking were in compliance with Emory’s policy.

He said that they would debate technical issues, such as whether or not the chalkings were done on an appropriate surface.

However, he believes that the broader concern motivating the protests had to do more with the ideas the chalkings stood for than how they were done.

The Wheel also reported that the students this week chanted, 'You are not listening! Come speak to us, we are in pain!' shortly before Wagner agreed to meet with them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3506491/Emory-president-Students-scared-Trump-2016-chalk-signs.html#ixzz43mYadLTQ

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This is what a real leader sounds like.

There have been good speeches by most presidents but not all.  Indeed, JFK was the best.

Trump has no oratory skills whatever, none. Anyone can berate workers that are under you or dominate a board room where you hold all the cards. As a presidential runner.... I am amused when I hear what he says him talking.... quickly followed by embarrassed. He has tapped into and strikes a cord in the dumbed down average apathetic village idiot type of which there are more than there used to be... or did they just not bother to vote? Voter turn out since 1920 has neared but not gone above 65%. (2008 was 63% 2012 was 57%) So 1/3 of eligible voters... don't. I think they were willing to just let shit go on as it was because, 'who cares? you can't change things, and those that vote know what they're doing and I don't know what's best, that's for smarter people than me, I just want cheap gas and reality shows'.

he's like 1/2 Canuckistanese, ain't he?

Only thing I am sure of (I think) is that he is not Jewish.

Emory University president says students are scared and 'in pain' after someone wrote 'Trump 2016' in chalk on campus

The president of Emory University has spoken to demonstrators who said they were frightened after someone wrote 'Trump 2016' in chalk around campus.

Students at the Atlanta school, which has an enrollment of more than 14,000 claim their 'safe space' was violated when the messages appeared on sidewalks and buildings.

Jim Wagner, president of the Atlanta university, wrote Tuesday that the students viewed the messages as intimidation, and they voiced 'genuine concern and pain' as a result.

He acted after student government wrote to him and slammed the university's response, prompting a meeting that led to protests.

Emory's student newspaper, The Wheel, said Wagner outlined four steps that administrators plan to take in order to address the issues raised by the protesters who said they were in pain in a campus-wide email.

He proposed 'immediate refinements to certain policies and procedural deficiencies; regular and structured opportunities for difficult dialogues; a formal process to institutionalize identification, review and addressing of social justice opportunities and issues; and commitment to an annual retreat to renew [their] efforts.'

Wagner added that the Freedom of Expression Committee is meeting to address whether the person or people responsible for the chalking were in compliance with Emory’s policy.

He said that they would debate technical issues, such as whether or not the chalkings were done on an appropriate surface.

However, he believes that the broader concern motivating the protests had to do more with the ideas the chalkings stood for than how they were done.

The Wheel also reported that the students this week chanted, 'You are not listening! Come speak to us, we are in pain!' shortly before Wagner agreed to meet with them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3506491/Emory-president-Students-scared-Trump-2016-chalk-signs.html#ixzz43mYadLTQ

ETS.jpg

• Like 1

• Like 1

There have been good speeches by most presidents but not all.  Indeed, JFK was the best.

Trump has no oratory skills whatever, none.

And Obama has some of the best(teleprompter not-withstanding)And he is the biggest piece of shit to EVER sit in the WH.

Your point is moot.

And BTW-the Kennedys were/are the biggest pieces of crap to ever darken our country political system.

• Like 1

And Obama has some of the best(teleprompter not-withstanding)And he is the biggest piece of shit to EVER sit in the WH.

Your point is moot.

And BTW-the Kennedys were/are the biggest pieces of crap to ever darken our country political system.

No that would be Warren Harding.

But then could I do better?

Let's see, I did not go to law school, did not finish college.

I am qualified to judge because...?

I suppose I should just keep my f@#$ing negative opinions to myself.

It's called humility.

Most people are not running for the highest office in the land thus open to high levels of scrutiny.

Most people are self aware and do not posture as a tough guy while really being a frightened coward.

Actually I am probably wrong on this last one.

Reminds me of this chef I worked for once; a big dumb stupid New Yorker; loud and arrogant.

Once we had a steam jacketed cooking kettle emergency release valve discharge extra steam, it is very loud and can be disorienting.

This pansy chef ran screaming from the kitchen like a little girl and I am not being dramatic.

Me, I kept my cool and shut the thing off, does that make me a tough guy?

No , just prepared for the s!@$%$.

My opinions don't matter anyway so f!@#$ me.