• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

not naming any names butt a certain individual is having a lot of fun at other people's expense

8451472.jpg?size=620x400s

butt was there?

Omar Sharif was there too?

He died recently.... so no.

• Like 1

Democrats to Sanders: Time to wind it down

Protracted combat with Hillary Clinton threatens to do real damage in a general election against Donald Trump, senators warn.

Democratic senators of all stripes are as impressed as they are surprised by Bernie Sanders’ insurgent campaign.

But the time has come, they say, for Sanders to start winding things down.

After holding their fire on Sanders for the better part of a year, the senators — all backers of Hillary Clinton — are gently calling on Sanders to face the reality that there’s almost no chance he’s going to be the Democratic nominee. They don’t say outright he should quit; doing so would be counterproductive, they say.

But nearly a dozen Democratic lawmakers suggested in interviews that Sanders should focus more on stopping Donald Trump and less on why he believes Clinton’s stands on trade, financial regulation and foreign policy would make her a flawed president.

“What’s important is not whether or not he gets out, but how he campaigns,” said Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.). “If the contrast is now about what separates us from Donald Trump, then I think it’s fine. I just hope that we can begin to focus on unifying because obviously a lot of us are perplexed that we could be facing a country led by someone who seems to be a buffoon.”

Added Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.): “It’s good [for Sanders] to continue to raise the concerns that people have, but I think it ought to be in the context of, ‘This is the difference between the Democrats and Republicans in this race.’”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/bernie-dems-winddown-220966#ixzz43aAI1yfY

Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

It's interesting, there is not one candidate that if they took office, the country wouldn't slide further into division, and government inaction. Nothing but a bunch of polarizing demagogues that scare the living shit out of the opposing side. Who does this benefit? Oh yah, no matter what gets elected president, the real power structure doesn't change, and neither does Washington. SAME OLD SAME OLD

• Like 1

Normally I would say, "be ware of the people you align with in the advancement of your cause", but in this case, Trump is actually the white Farrakhan. It's hard to tell who's sucking who's dick there. 

• Like 1

OMG there's still racism in B-ham? Actually this is not unique to the South, the same thing is playing out here in California, in Illinois, and Massachusetts. 

John Archibald (the lily white writer) is viewing this massive issue through a very narrow straw and appears to have no idea why these people are so pissed off. He frames this as though it's shameful that black people "stood to complain – loudly" about a state government that does not represent them. His article completely neglected to acknowledge the actual concerns of there people. There is a difference between investing in a disenfranchised neighborhood to benefit it's residents, and the displacement of those residence to make room for wealthier residence. "Development" is a loaded word when you consider who it's being developed for. There is one immutable truth here and other neighborhoods around the country, real estate developers are in it for the money, not the community. Inevitably there are political conflicts of interest when implementing neighborhood development plans, but if the deal making is done behind closed doors, this is what you get. 

I'm pretty sure we will see a brokered convention on the GOP

That would spell the end of the Republican party structure, but I don't know if that would be a good, or bad thing. If constructive conservative values were once again represented by the GOP, they would earn the trust of the people. If they reconstruct a twisted corporate version of conservatism, they'll write their own death warrant. The RNC is between a rock and a hard place. They created this bed and Trump took the covers off.

The RNC threw tons of money into negative campaign advertisements against Trump and it failed to make a dent. The news media (left and right) has thrown everything they've got at him, and his momentum gains steam. This is clear evidence people no longer value the voice of traditional institutions, and brother, that is scaring the SHIT out of Washington and the BIG $ folks who run it. You want to know where people get there information? Search Trump, Hillary, Cruz, Sanders, etc on Vimeo, and YouTube. Read the comments and you'll see the anger Trump has skillfully tapped into. Meanwhile the shadow establishment is caught with their pants down around their ankles. This is great to watch. Still 7 months till November though. I wouldn't be shocked if the powers that be have everyone back in line and it's BS business as usual by them. Sheaple are sheaple after all.