• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Romney to Trump? 

I liked his speech about trump. Mainly because it was just the way I look at trump, but politicians are all masters of telling you what you want to hear. It was rommney who endorsed trump a few years ago for political gain ... wow no wonder the Lance Armstrong back peddling. So while I liked his speech rommney is still a douchebag politician, just one who happened to agree with ME. Now the GOP is watching the American Hitler rising to power. His brown shirts fist fighting in the streets. At this rate someone is going to be fatally hurt. SMH.

I don't see rommney as on trump's leash. I see Goodfella christie as biscuit eating lap dog. Jesus, what a bunch of muts.

I liked his speech about trump. Mainly because it was just the way I look at trump, but politicians are all masters of telling you what you want to hear. It was rommney who endorsed trump a few years ago for political gain ... wow no wonder the Lance Armstrong back peddling. So while I liked his speech rommney is still a douchebag politician, just one who happened to agree with ME. Now the GOP is watching the American Hitler rising to power. His brown shirts fist fighting in the streets. At this rate someone is going to be fatally hurt. SMH.

I don't see rommney as on trump's leash. I see Goodfella christie as biscuit eating lap dog. Jesus, what a bunch of muts. 

Trump is not America's Hitler,there's no comparing the two.

• Like 1

Trump is not America's Hitler,there's no comparing the two.

Please!

Good lord, surely you can see lots of comparisons. Country in chaos economically, militarily, politically, monetarily and set upon from all sides. Government welfare spending and spending in general out of control. Corruption. Vast grass roots populace extremely pissed off and disillusioned. Looking for a leader that promises leading them to former world glory power and respect. Blames foreigners for all their problems and threatens deportations, non entry and walls... and people secretly agree. Rants and raves during speeches and incites violence. Large propaganda machine, monetary support. Extremely fast charismatic rise to power with no leadership credentials. 

Sieg fuckin' Heil fellow Amerikaner .

Main difference in your argument is when Hitler came to power the Germans could blame foreigners for their problems. Germany was in a far worse state in all aspects that the US is now. No comparison what so ever.

• Like 4

Um... it was wrong to blame foreigners then as now but it was then and is happening now in the US. Trump supporters support expelling / denying immigration of Muslims and Mexicans. Just wait a little longer. How much does every man woman and child in the US owe in dept??? It's around $55K two years ago. National debt 19 trillion. Why it's so large it's meaningless.

You can't say no comparison, but there is some, even a lot. Maybe this is why we are doomed to repeat history. We don't see the comparisons. It's easy to say that was wrong way back then... it's different today. You grew up post 911 and haven't seen your freedoms that were taken away in the name of security. How foreign policy led to this.

(sits down)

March 5, 1933 is election day in Germany.

Forty thousand workers, many armed wait for spontaneous demonstrations which will stop Hitler from taking power...but the left capitulates.

There are historical and economic reasons; By 1931 there are over 7 million unemployed in Germany.

The country has suffered a crisis of national identity after defeat in the First World War; the  economic humiliations forced on it by the winning powers create an atmosphere ripe for the resurgence of nationalism.

Basically the working class has been successfully bourgeousified.

But that is not the whole story, the Nazis employed sophisticated (for the time) psychological methods.

Warnings  against Hitler are not taken seriously by the Communist Party who see Hitler as a lackey of finance capital and expect him to fade away.

At this point Hitler is the culmination of centuries of human oppression under patriarchy.

Masses of people, moving AGAINST THEMSELVES in bringing their enemies to power have acted irrrationally.

In " The Mass Psychology of Fascism" (1934) Wilhelm Reich states that "In its pure form fascism is the sum total of all the irrational reactions of the average human character".

The Nazis' biggest emotional tool is fear....

Their real power base is among the lower middle class who fear they will lose their small gains and fall back into economic misery again.

This is a real possibility in the inflation plagued Weimar Republic.

Hitler has to pretend to be against Big Business in order to win their support.

This class is also traditionally terrified of disorder.

They identify with authority, accepting without question the role of police, the military, the State.

This tradition is well recognised and exploited by most modern right-wing politicians.

Still think it can't happen here?

Good luck with that delusion...

I'm sure many Germans saw Hitler as a trump early on and turned a blind eye to him.... until too late. 

Wow, campaign manager to be charged for assault? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung Even if true it could swing even more voters from apathy towards trump. "About fucking time someone kicked those faux-journalist fifth estate cunts where it hurts. America... fuck Yeah!!!!! Let's roll!" 

Main difference in your argument is when Hitler came to power the Germans could blame foreigners for their problems. Germany was in a far worse state in all aspects that the US is now. No comparison what so ever.

When I walk outside I don't step over a dead body...............

its a crime to step over a dead body in some country's. There was some pretty ugly shit during ww2.

Unfortunely the khakis have always stayed.

article-0-1401A812000005DC-942_634x450.j

Donald Trumpler wore khakis

Um... it was wrong to blame foreigners then as now but it was then and is happening now in the US. Trump supporters support expelling / denying immigration of Muslims and Mexicans. Just wait a little longer. How much does every man woman and child in the US owe in dept??? It's around $55K two years ago. National debt 19 trillion. Why it's so large it's meaningless.

You can't say no comparison, but there is some, even a lot. Maybe this is why we are doomed to repeat history. We don't see the comparisons. It's easy to say that was wrong way back then... it's different today. You grew up post 911 and haven't seen your freedoms that were taken away in the name of security. How foreign policy led to this.

(sits down)

I was saying no comparison in the state of the nation, there is no way that the US is in as bad if shape as post WW1 Germany.

My dad's side of the family came over after WW2, they left because they couldn't bare going thru the post war misery again. You and I can't fathom why the general populous went thru in those years.

The US, Canada, England, don't know the true economic impact of the loss of a war.

Yes Trump is a sensationalist like Hitler but has nowhere near the same motivations.

• Like 3