• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

So like revenge style?

Hillary was likely not letting Bill "IN" hence the Lewinsky thing.

I was think more along the lines of "if she gets in she is really going to mess things up".

He might just be trying to save us with the lesser of two evils.

• Like 4

The twenty-eighth amendment should be that no family or family relative be allowed into office for three generations.This would put an end to the US monarchy bullshit. No family could dominate the White House nor inherit power. Candidates must be vetted.

• Like 4

Convention of states time. Let's add the amendment along with Congress and Senate having a max of 3 elected terms and no more life time positions.

I would also like to add life time pay and benefits to that list, and if a session of Congress is forced into an extended session all pay from that session is to be forfiet.

• Like 2

The twenty-eighth amendment should be that no family or family relative be allowed into office for three generations.This would put an end to the US monarchy bullshit. No family could dominate the White House nor inherit power. Candidates must be vetted.

coming from a guy who lives on an island named after a dutch aristocrat

in a nation of constitutional monarchy, with queen elizabeth being the head of state

and who's royal anthem is "god save the queen"

:w00t:

• Like 4

Actually I'm more British than you think, but not at all a monarchist. Liz is a traditional figurehead like George on the dollah bill. Agree the anthem is really outdated but no worse than spouting God save the United States of America at the end of a speech. I see the political dynasties down there and wonder why you were to seek independence in the first place You change your king and queen every few years, sometimes you elect their sons, cousins, son-in-laws and maybe even a wife of a president. We now have another fucking Trudeau PM up here and I SMH yet again.   

• Like 2

Convention of states time. Let's add the amendment along with Congress and Senate having a max of 3 elected terms and no more life time positions.

A convention of the states would be a very very bad idea. Adding amendments (a convention can do this) does not require a convention thankfully, and can be done with a vote by two-thirds of each house of Congress.

Why is it a bad idea? A convention of the states does not require them to discuss only one item, just that the items be specified. Any and all amendments can come up and be modified at that point (you don't really need the 2nd, 4th, and 10th amendments right? Because terrorists). Personally I like my constitution in the unmolested form thank you very much and the idea of letting a bunch of fuck ups politicians get more power to change it makes me sick.

• Like 2