• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's time to resurrect the old constitutional caveat of "other persons not counted" which then referred to slaves[and possibly Native American tribes]  which were marginally figured in for the purpose of electing members to the house of representatives.  Might some court decide that this caveat also applied to Illegal Immigrants ?

• Like 1

Im good too. Ain't got nothing to hide. I Don't do fuck book anyway. Only social media now is Ratsun.

I don't know man, this might look fine on the surface, because you think it doesn't effect you directly. And so, if it adds another layer of protection, what the hell. I'm going to play devils advocate and examine how this would effect you right where you're sitting. 

No doubt international tourism would be effected. You might say so F'n what, I hate tourists, but consider this. International tourism was down 4.2% in 2017, and that equates to $4.6 billion lost and directly effects who knows how many jobs. You may not like'm, but foreign tourism directly offsets our trade deficits. Tariffs hit the stock market hard, but tourism absolutely dwarfs our steel and aluminum trade.

If you have Ratsun folk, friends, or family who live abroad and communicate with them via any form of social media text or email, when they visit, everything you've talked about for the passed 5 years is seen. That means when Mike comes to Canby... You may think you have nothing to hide, and you trust your government not to us what they see against you, but what if Hilary proposed this? Why are we so complacent when our 4th amendment rights are being violated even if collaterally? Eventually, this will fall into other hands when the next administration is elected, and you have no fucking idea who that could be.

If this is implemented, what's to keep other countries from requiring the same from us when we travel? Again, you may think because you don't travel it wouldn't effect you, but millions of Americans travel all over the planet every day, including your friends and family. Should those countries have access to all their private correspondence?  

If global isolationism is the goal, this would be a huge step in that direction.

I don't know man, this might look fine on the surface, because you think it doesn't effect you directly. And so, if it adds another layer of protection, what the hell. I'm going to play devils advocate and examine how this would effect you right where you're sitting. 

No doubt international tourism would be effected. You might say so F'n what, I hate tourists, but consider this. International tourism was down 4.2% in 2017, and that equates to $4.6 billion lost and directly effects who knows how many jobs. You may not like'm, but foreign tourism directly offsets our trade deficits. Tariffs hit the stock market hard, but tourism absolutely dwarfs our steel and aluminum trade.

If you have Ratsun folk, friends, or family who live abroad and communicate with them via any form of social media text or email, when they visit, everything you've talked about for the passed 5 years is seen. That means when Mike comes to Canby... You may think you have nothing to hide, and you trust your government not to us what they see against you, but what if Hilary proposed this? Why are we so complacent when our 4th amendment rights are being violated even if collaterally? Eventually, this will fall into other hands when the next administration is elected, and you have no fucking idea who that could be.

If this is implemented, what's to keep other countries from requiring the same from us when we travel? Again, you may think because you don't travel it wouldn't effect you, but millions of Americans travel all over the planet every day, including your friends and family. Should those countries have access to all their private correspondence?  

If global isolationism is the goal, this would be a huge step in that direction.

PLEASE, learn the difference between EFFECT and AFFECT !  It really does make a difference !  "Effect" is to cause something to happen.  "Affect" is to happen as a result of an action. Different meanings and a result of our piss poor schooling system that prioritize teacher benefits over teaching methods improvements !  Every time a local ballot initiative to increase funding for the school system is passed, the teacher's union takes this as a licence to grab 100% of the funding for their own pay raise and to hell with the kids !  I believe in good schools, but do not favor funding school teachers who just want to move to a more expensive house!

• Like 2

PLEASE, learn the difference between EFFECT and AFFECT !  It really does make a difference !  "Effect" is to cause something to happen.  "Affect" is to happen as a result of an action. Different meanings and a result of our piss poor schooling system that prioritize teacher benefits over teaching methods improvements !  Every time a local ballot initiative to increase funding for the school system is passed, the teacher's union takes this as a licence to grab 100% of the funding for their own pay raise and to hell with the kids !  I believe in good schools, but do not favor funding school teachers who just want to move to a more expensive house!

I was fortunate enough thanks to my diligent parents to make the grade enough to enter a merit only "US rate not English or Japanese score" High School that was admission only by top grade score on an entrance exam.  The attrition rate over the next 4 years was very high!  But all of the students who failed out [our pass / fail score was much higher than than the norm] and transferred to other schools all graduated at the top of their class, and I met several of them in College!  We had 2 different High school tracks.  The Classic track took 3 years of Greek, 2 years of French.  The Science track took 4 years of Latin, 3 years or German, 1 year [not 6 months] of Physics.  1 Year of Chemistry,and Math through to Calculus.  Mind you, this was in High School !  We were so succesful that the New York State Regents Board acreditation board waived our graduates from taking the mandatory "Regents Exam" prior to granting our High School diplomas.  We skewed the "Normal" distribution so much on test results that we had to be excluded or too many normally acceptable student test results would be excluded from the "Normal Distribution" curve.

Listen to your parents and don't screw around and you just might contribute to the future of the human race!  BTW, both my parents were immigrants!  I don't know if they would qualify for admission under current rules.  But at 80 years old I know that the USA surely benefited from my contributions to the Nation's defence, details with held at my discretion!

• Like 1

But at 80 years old I know that the USA surely benefited from my contributions to the Nation's defence, details with held at my discretion!

Ha ha, now after calling another member our I paraphrase a quote (again).

Kudos Mike.

Seriously, 80?

I’m nearly 52 and I’m guessing our career paths have been similar (reading between the lines).

Contributing to your country, albeit in the small way we do is a good thing.

Now if only Murica could get rid of their President and we could get rid of our Prime Minister.

Sigh..................

• Like 1

Our NSA, your DSB.  Minuteman ballistic missile, USArmy ABM testing,  Military weather satellite programs [helped your remote wild fire detection program], NASA Comsat experiment satellite, USNavy Commsats that outlive its replacement by 20 years, and missile launch detection programs.  We may well have crossed paths!  I have a print out of the farewell to Woomera joint site.

• Like 1

Our NSA, your DSB.  Minuteman ballistic missile, USArmy ABM testing,  Military weather satellite programs [helped your remote wild fire detection program], NASA Comsat experiment satellite, USNavy Commsats that outlive its replacement by 20 years, and missile launch detection programs.  We may well have crossed paths!  I have a print out of the farewell to Woomera joint site.

I was at Woomera in 1988.

We (along with the South Australian tactical Police) drank the Eldo hotel dry (of all its beer anyway).

Very young pup I was in those days.

The Murican subsidised mess on the base was a blast!

• Like 1

I was fortunate enough thanks to my diligent parents to make the grade enough to enter a merit only "US rate not English or Japanese score" High School that was admission only by top grade score on an entrance exam.  The attrition rate over the next 4 years was very high!  But all of the students who failed out [our pass / fail score was much higher than than the norm] and transferred to other schools all graduated at the top of their class, and I met several of them in College!  We had 2 different High school tracks.  The Classic track took 3 years of Greek, 2 years of French.  The Science track took 4 years of Latin, 3 years or German, 1 year [not 6 months] of Physics.  1 Year of Chemistry,and Math through to Calculus.  Mind you, this was in High School !  We were so succesful that the New York State Regents Board acreditation board waived our graduates from taking the mandatory "Regents Exam" prior to granting our High School diplomas.  We skewed the "Normal" distribution so much on test results that we had to be excluded or too many normally acceptable student test results would be excluded from the "Normal Distribution" curve.

Listen to your parents and don't screw around and you just might contribute to the future of the human race!  BTW, both my parents were immigrants!  I don't know if they would qualify for admission under current rules.  But at 80 years old I know that the USA surely benefited from my contributions to the Nation's defence, details with held at my discretion!

Mike,you're 80 years on this planet thus far ? 

kGhl9F7.png

London murder rate beats New York as stabbings surge

London overtook New York in murders for the first time in modern history in February as the capital endured a dramatic surge in knife crime.

Fifteen people were murdered in the capital, against 14 in New York. Both cities have almost exactly the same population.

London murders for March are also likely to exceed or equal New York’s. By late last night there had been 22 killings in the capital, according to the Metropolitan police, against 21 in the US city.

Eight Londoners were murdered between March 14 and March 20 alone and the total number of London murders, even excluding victims of terrorism, has risen by 38% since 2014.

FBI data and studies by the late Eric Monkkonen, a researcher at the University of....

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/london-murder-rate-beats-new-york-as-stabbings-surge-f59w0xqs0

• Like 2

No I don't our government...even though I work for them.

Meant I don't trust our govt....maybe by having access to social media they can mitigate terrorist, school shootings.....

And maybe employees also ?

Dang Mike, what's ur secret? Good genes, attitude, diet?

Mostly good genes plus moderation in everyday life.  My Great Uncle in Ireland outlived 3 wives and fathered 29 children.  All got married and had large [but not 29] families.  I have over 200 cousins from him alone.  And he was one of a large family!  Unknown just how many relatives I really have.  My sister visited the old country [ Country Cavin Ireland ] many times .  She said it took 5 years before she met some body that was not a cousin !

• Like 1

Yes !  And planning to live to my 120 th birthday .

Well I want to congratulate you on such a great milestone to reach already and it's awesome that here there's members with diverse age range cause to me that makes it more interesting.

And here's to that 120th Birthday!!! 

:)