• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.  They wanted cannons.  Remember, they had just overthrown the government by force.  They wanted to make sure they could do it again if they ended up with some asshat dictator.

Leave it to a Texan to get the 2nd amendment right.

1. "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
  2. "Does the government fear us? Or do we fear the government? When the people fear the government, tyranny has found victory. The federal government is our servant, not our master!"

Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the United States of America

Im sorry guys.

I love you Americans as though you were (almost) honorary Aussies, however, when I read some of the posts in this thread my poor tortured mind just cant help picturing deliverance and the sweet melodic twang of duelling banjo's.

Just sayin.................

• Like 1

Datzenmike, got no issue with you and like your posts, but check out this link to TJ and let me know if you changed your mind.

The Papers of Thomas Jefferson, established at Princeton University, is preparing the definitive scholarly edition of the correspondence and papers written by America's author of the Declaration of Independence and third president. Since the publication of Volume 1 by Princeton University Press in 1950, the project has been publishing, in chronological sequence, not only the letters Jefferson wrote but also those he received. As the first modern historical documentary edition, the project initially assembled photocopies of every known extant letter or Jefferson-related paper, approximately 70,000 items gathered from 900 repositories and private collections worldwide.  Neither an archive of original manuscript materials nor a collection of digital facsimile images, the Jefferson Papers is a collaborative publishing hub providing in print—and now in electronic format—quality, contextualized Jefferson source material for posterity. With each new document transcribed, annotated, and edited to exacting standards, the Papers has provided an unparalleled, accessible source of the written legacy of Jefferson. The edition is comprehensive in scope, with the Princeton editors bearing the responsibility for the letters and papers during the period from 1760 through the end of Jefferson’s presidency on March 3, 1809. Our colleagues at the Thomas Jefferson Foundation at Monticello are producing the volumes that cover his retirement from public life until his death in 1826.

Latest Volume
  • Like 1

Leave it to a Texan to get the 2nd amendment right.

1. "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
  2. "Does the government fear us? Or do we fear the government? When the people fear the government, tyranny has found victory. The federal government is our servant, not our master!"

Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the United States of America

What's that whirring sound? Do you hear it down there? I can hear it up here in Canada. I think it's Jefferson spinning in his grave.

What I meant was, having written so eloquently on fearing government tyranny look where it is today!!!!! Indeed if I was Jefferson I would be spinning.

So the second amendment is that fire arms are in case there is need for overthrowing a tyrannical government?

What I meant was, having written so eloquently on fearing government tyranny look where it is today!!!!! Indeed if I was Jefferson I would be spinning.

So the second amendment is that fire arms are in case there is need for overthrowing a tyrannical government?

YES!!! I heard on the television from a congressman from Texas, that the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution didn't apply to hunting Deer. It applied to hunting tyrannical government officials. And he was right!!
  • Like 2

Very much yes. Why the big gov supporters support gun control so much. It's also why there has never been a full scale invasion of our country since the 1800s.

Yeah the contents of this pot were starting to stick to the bottom. Like the bow-women though. Otherwise ....

Troll-face-problem.jpg

Troll-face-problem.jpg

Troll-face-problem.jpg

• Like 1

Very much yes. Why the big gov supporters support gun control so much. It's also why there has never been a full scale invasion of our country since the 1800s.

Your capitol was invaded and sacked in 1812.

• Like 1

OK so the right to bear arms is insurance against the day they are needed to fight government tyranny but in reality they are used to shoot fellow citizens instead. As your government does not fear the people and the people fear the government this isn''t working somehow. Can I expect an overthrow in the near future?

• Like 1

It's also why there has never been a full scale invasion of our country since the 1800s.

Well speaking from (or for i guess),  the other side of the genocide ,,, there probably wouldn't have been a fast,  large scale invasion of the Americas,,,,, without the gun.

and commiting mass murders way after the whole  "All men are created equal"  horseshit.

June 25, 1876  

• Like 1

OK so the right to bear arms is insurance against the day they are needed to fight government tyranny but in reality they are used to shoot fellow citizens instead. As your government does not fear the people and the people fear the government this isn''t working somehow. Can I expect an overthrow in the near future?

OK so the right to bear arms is insurance against the day they are needed to fight government tyranny but in reality they are used to shoot fellow citizens instead. As your government does not fear the people and the people fear the government this ins''t working somehow. Can I expect an overthrow in the near future?

It isn't there yet, but the leftest keep pushing it in that direction. I am about ready to pack all my Datto stuff and ship it to Australia.

in reality they are used to shoot fellow citizens instead.

That is the furthest thing from the truth, all you HEAR is those examples. For every "shooting" you hear about there are 100 occurances where firearms are used lawfully to protect someone or prevent a crime. They just don't tell you that happens all the time.

• Like 2

That is the furthest thing from the truth, all you HEAR is those examples. For every "shooting" you hear about there are 100 occurances where firearms are used lawfully to protect someone or prevent a crime. They just don't tell you that happens all the time.

Can you give us a link or someone to back this up ? just asking.