konig209

video: how to reindex.

So i got irritated of everyone simply saying google or search ratsun. Not enough detail. So i made a video. Kbai.
Thanks to datson4life.

thanks to mklotz70 for the video.

mklotz edit thanks :D

How to re-index a 521 or tortion bars on a datsun.:

• Like 15

Good vids!  That the easiest I've ever seen a torsion bar come out!

The clips are all short enough, you could make one vid.  PM if you want to do that, but don't have a way. 

• Like 1

Nice rake job. 

Great tutorial. 

Should be stickied to make for an easy find. 

• Like 1

Yeah i know i tried to edit them all into one video but it wont let me. It flips the videos upside down.

• Like 1

Nice rake job. 

Great tutorial. 

Should be stickied to make for an easy find. 

X2

• Like 2

Dude the video is gone now.wtf

Weak sauce. 

• Like 1

Sorry klotz moved a lil to fast on me with his edit.ive been working and didnt have time nor wifi to download the edit.

• Like 1

Not sure what happened.  I didn't delete it or even touch it yet, but it's gone.  I had kept it from being public, but I don't know why it disappeared.  I'll reupload it and send you another link. 

• Like 1

Not sure what happened. I didn't delete it or even touch it yet, but it's gone. I had kept it from being public, but I don't know why it disappeared. I'll reupload it and send you another link.

Thanks. Ill be sure to download it asap this time.

• Like 1

Sweet. 2 splines if I heard correctly. Now I can delete my 10 bookmarks on how to do this.

• Like 1

Nice work. Makes it easy and clear!

• Like 1

I reindexed my torsion bars in my 521. I turned the bars 2 notches towards the engine. Put everything back together....and front sits higher now. Obviously I went the wrong way with turning the bars. Repulled bars and turned them away from the engine. But now the adjusters at the other end of the bars (end that is bolted back in place) is too far out to bolt. How do I get around this?

• Like 1

Put a Jack under the control arm and lift it. Bar should turn.

• Like 2

I reindexed my torsion bars in my 521. I turned the bars 2 notches towards the engine. Put everything back together....and front sits higher now. Obviously I went the wrong way with turning the bars. Repulled bars and turned them away from the engine. But now the adjusters at the other end of the bars (end that is bolted back in place) is too far out to bolt. How do I get around this?

I found that you only need to move the torsion bar spring 1 spline. This way your able to keep the original tension on the bar or close to it when you adjust it back to the original specks. And you'll be able to adjust it without using a jack.  

• Like 2