78 B210 Radiator Dimensions?

Kirden

Well, just got home to find that the radiator for my B210 has been stolen. I need to source a new radiator and since I am planning a boosted build eventually I might as well invest in something that can handle it. Does anyone have the dimensions for the radiator from a late model B210? I do not know if the 210 radiators are the same but I am pretty sure the early radiators are different. This really sucks because I love the look of the stock radiators with polished brass. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome man, thank you. I was so disappointed earlier. I even updated my facebook status... But really, thanks so much. I'm not 100% sure that the "stock" radiator will hold up to a supercharged A15, but it will probably do much better once I remove the A/C,

I'm not 100% sure that the "stock" radiator will hold up to a supercharged A15

I'd bet it would, assuming you don't run it too lean...

But you could always shop around a bit...

Maybe something like this?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-97-RX7-FD-FD3S-MANUAL-TRANSMISSION-DUAL-CORE-2-ROW-ALUMINUM-RACING-RADIATOR-/181483008526?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ARX-7&hash=item2a413af20e&vxp=mtr

Wow that is a neat option and the price is bad ass. Wonder why that one wasn't on the 1200 wiki. Looks like I would need either a dump tank in line to fill the radiator or an in line filler neck, but I'm not opposed to that. My only question is would filling it be a pain due to the down turn on the top outlet? I guess as long as the filler sat above the outlet it would flow into the radiator.

So I may have found an option that looks similar to stock and is a bit larger capacity. According to the 1200 wiki the 1200 radiator was 18.3" tall and 15" wide over all. This radiator is supposed to be 16.9" tall and 17.4" wide over all. The stock B210 radiator (with A/C) is wider than the 1200 unit but I'm not sure if it is 2.5" wider. The main appeal is that this radiator is around half an inch thicker than the replacement for a 210:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sgt-cu1463/overview/

Edit: Oh, and I found one of these radiators in a scrap yard locally (1962 Comet) for $50. Going to see if I can stop by tomorrow and measure it.

Thanks for the picture! I think I've settled on getting that 210 replacement radiator now. It will probably be the closest thing to bolt in and hopefully I can modify my fan shroud to work with it (since they didn't steal the shroud). If not I can probably get a fan shroud for a 210 and that should work right?

Eventually I will swap to an electric fan setup but for now I just want to get it running so I can see what all needs to be replaced. The ford radiator looks like a good canidate for a swap though. I still might go look at it before I order the 210 one. I figure I can take a measurement of the radiator opening and compare.

• 4 weeks later...

man i should have been the one to steal yours. lol. jk. im gonna have to get that rockauto one for my b as well. i sold my yellow one with the blue cars radiator in it so i could say it was a running driving car. I've got to keep the stock radiator cuz im keeping my a/c. My a/c is all original and all connected and it holds vacuum indefinitely. new dryer, new oil and r134a should be all it needs. Why keep it? Cuz Daily car.

My A/C doesn't even hook to my radiator :P Maybe it's a manual thing or something, but I have a seperate cooler for the A/C. The only reason I remember that is I only had to unscrew the radiator mounting bolts, pop off the shroud, and remove the inlet and outlet hoses to remove the radiator.