So a cop shot my uncle dead last night.

Qtip is right about the guns. Dan is right about making it harder for cops to kill. Stun guns, tasers, and the like are effective. But when you are up against a gun, a like weapon is appropriate. It's the protections afforded by officers after the fact that gets me. It's tricky. I get that. But the police have grown out of proportion, their power is inappropriate, and the mentality among the ranks is only getting more aggressive by the day. Less cops! More selective hiring. Better pay. Less protections. And no union.

• Like 2
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, cuz, merica!

There is an old saying in down under land, and it goes:

"there are two sides to every story, and the truth lies somewhere in the middle"

Not saying OP shouldnt be hurting, but, hell guys, look at the propensity for gun related violence your homeland has!

There have been a number of you guys who post here who have openly stated they do either open or concealed carry.

Coupled with this is the underpaid glorified mall cop who may get twitchy in a confrontational situation and, whilst I am not at all an apologist for either side, the simple fact is any reasonable cop is going to be a little bit concerned when they become involved in a situation with joe citizen.

Not saying law enforcement is right, or wrong, just simply that you guys live in a society that is gun centric, and as a consequence, proportionally, a higher number of American citizens will have their lives taken by Firearms.

P.s. Ratwagon, despite Aussie gun laws, owns a fair amount of guns by Aus standards, and is, for the record pro gun!

• Like 3