My new 'old' 280ZX turbo - 1983

Bleach

Yes, I got them for free to put some snow tires on that I already owned. Its not a complete set. 3 slots (1 of which is so messed up I'm going to recycle it). So after next week it will be 2 slots and 2 "other" wheels. :D

silverz17.jpg

Black carpet sun fades to green. Under the seats and the center console it is still black.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

those are soooooo nice, like the ones anthonys gonna put on ur old one, what sizes are those? i can tell u put them on an took the pic before driving lol / thats a really clean car man, you gonna put some msa stuff on it? lower it? or just drive her?

how does it run? are you gonna take it to canby or blue lake?

They are 16x8 on all four.

tires are 225/45-16 in front, and rear has 245/45-16

The back springs are too high. I actually drove it to work and back and took the picture when I got back. The car runs great! Its been on the road for a month now.

I'm going to put the Aritaspeed nose on it and a ZXR spoiler. No MSA bodykits. New carpet, upgrade the alarm, sound system junk, and some day 350Z seats. oh yes, lower it of course. Big freakin sway barz... ricer steering wheel, the works! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm suprised you went with 16x8. Did you see the pics of the 17x9 rotas on my ZX? They fit beautifully, and the 9.5 wide would have fit perfect if the offset hadn't been designed for the S30.

From what I've seen, if you got the right offset, you could easily go 9 wide in front, and 10 in back. If someone did the footwork to build custom rear control arms to give more clearence you could easily fit 10.5 if not 11 wide back there! The fronts are a bit trickier though. Going beyond 9 isn't going to happen without more flare or serious suspension work.

I was asked to show a picture of my ZX with the rims, but I'd much rather post another Z actually on the road before showing my POS. So I'll start off with another hybridz member with 17x9's all around

280zxt2.jpg

280zxt3.jpg

280zxt5.jpg

And my car (space was cramped so angles kinda suck)

d-2.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

As you can see here in this pic, the 9.5" in the rear sticks out a tad, but I verified it wouldn't rub the lip.

i.jpg

But check out the inward clearence! I could fit three fingers in there, and my entire fist between the tire and the shock!

l.jpg

Seriously, the rear end on these cars look like they were DESIGNED for a 10" wide rim if you ask me.

I'm suprised you went with 16x8. Did you see the pics of the 17x9 rotas on my ZX?

two words...

HEA - VEE

I did see the 17x9.5 and did a lot of research and thinking. I know the ZX can hold wide wheels. I had 16x10s before. My 18x8 were so heavy and slow I wanted a different feel this time. Smaller rotating mass and softer sidewalls. If only they made 16x9

Looks great Kevin! I like the size, you can fit big brakes and still make the car nice and low (even though I'm sure you won't dump it as far as I would :D)

13x10's would look kick ass but you'd have to downgrade to 510 brakes :eek:

Looks great Kevin! I like the size, you can fit big brakes and still make the car nice and low (even though I'm sure you won't dump it as far as I would :D)

13x10's would look kick ass but you'd have to downgrade to 510 brakes :eek:

You wouldn't have to downgrade, just find the right 13's and they will fit over ZX brakes. I'm planning on running some 13's in the future with my zx struts.

I agree on dropping it though. It's got the muscle car rake going on right now. Lowered with the zx g-nose should look really nice. Can't wait to see the progress.