School me on 521 weatherstripping...

ramzoom

O.k. for everyone that has gone down this street.....Please school me on the pro's/con's on the following weatherstripping:

Ebay Thailand stuff....(I am very hesitant)

Ebay Australia stuff...( I have read good things on here about this rotary guy...but who has actually installed it?)

Ebay the guy in Texas that says his stuff his NOS...(If its NOS then no worries right...Its interesting though that his photos show loose rubber..no packaging??)

My 521 goes into paint within a week and I want to order up the following:

Front windshield gasket

Rear windshield gasket

wing window rubber

Door weatherstripping..rubber, felts, channel, squeegees, bumpers, etc..all of it.

Hood bumpers

gas door bumpers

Pretty much all the rubber for the truck...I am just about done removing everything for paint and I want new stuff THAT FITS when I put it back together...

Now I have looked on the forum and online for info about this stuff and have a general idea but I would really appreciate opinions from people that have used this stuff...

Thanks in advance.....

And I will post pics as it comes along.....Calm yourselves..lol

• Like 2
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reddat in Texas is Thailand stuff over priced.

I have bought from the Thailand dealers and is decent.

DatsunlandSoCal has all of the squeegees, door, back glass, and windshield.  Mike also Has miscellaneous other rubber parts .  Mike products are good.  I had 1 seal that failed and he replaced it at no charge other than shipping.

Route 66 ebay has windshield and back glass have not used.

Australia Wayno has purchased the wing (1/4) windows rubbers and said they are fine.

Factory squeegees are felt type and are not design to keep water out of the inside cavity of the doors.

• Like 1

So i got a new front rubber from Datsunlandsocal and it is much better,with that said i will still TRY to avoid him at all costs.

Wayno i think has a contact or has rubbers for some stuff,I also know a guy that has those NOS rubbers also,but your going to pay for them so take out another mortgage on the house and get back with me.

• Like 1

OK, the rotory guy in Australia is the only one with wingwindow gaskets, he sells them on Ebay Australia, only buy from him threw ebay, or possibly in person if in Australia, here is a link to his gaskets on Ebayau.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DATSUN-NISSAN-1300-1500-520-521-PICK-UP-UTE-SEDAN-DOOR-QUARTER-1-4-WINDOW-RUBBER-/121219473123?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c393e5ee3&_uhb=1

I can sell you a set of his wingwindow gaskets, but you can get them from him cheaper, I would want $120.00 shipped for a set.

I also have a 521 windshield gasket left I can sell, it's a good quality gasket with molded corners, it is also $120.00 shipped

The rear window gasket is a little tougher, I have not had any of them made, but I believe that the 1963-65 NL320 rear window gasket is the same size, now this is where you must understand that a lot of gaskets are the same, just different lengths, the NL320 rear window gasket is the same as the NL320 windshield gasket, just smaller, so you can buy any 320 windshield gasket, and cut it to fit your 521 rear window, the biggie is finding quality material, I don't have anymore 320 gaskets for sale, and I don't plan on having anymore made, as I sat on the last batch for over 2 years.

The 521 door weather strips are the same as the 1984 Mazda door weather strips, it's the same gasket, if you can find a good set at the wrecking yards you will be styling, you can even use 2 passenger side gaskets, as they are reversible, also some of the mid 90s Mazda SUVs used the same style gaskets, but they are bigger, so you would need to cut the gasket at a 45 degree angle and start in the upper rear corner and end in the upper rear corner, you can likely get this stuff new, but you have to make sure you are getting the correct year/style before you order.

I use 510(68-72) window channel felt for my 521s, it works just fine.

Here are the 521 hood bumpers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hood-Rubber-support-X4-Datsun-320-520-521-Truck-PICKUP-/161088464354?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25819ee5e2&vxp=mtr

Gas door bumpers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Gas-Door-Bumpers-620-Pickup-510-520-521-1200-B110-NEW-/281394250771?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4184678413&vxp=mtr

The only adjustable hood bumpers are being sold by that guy in Texas at this time

521 trucks did not have squeegees, they came with the felt type, I used the early 620 squeegees on my 521KC, and I made them fit.

You are not going to find a lot of NOS stuff anymore, and if you do you will pay a lot for it.

O.k. for everyone that has gone down this street.....Please school me on the pro's/con's on the following weatherstripping:

Ebay Thailand stuff....(I am very hesitant)

Ebay Australia stuff...( I have read good things on here about this rotary guy...but who has actually installed it?)

Ebay the guy in Texas that says his stuff his NOS...(If its NOS then no worries right...Its interesting though that his photos show loose rubber..no packaging??)

My 521 goes into paint within a week and I want to order up the following:

Front windshield gasket

Rear windshield gasket

wing window rubber

Door weatherstripping..rubber, felts, channel, squeegees, bumpers, etc..all of it.

Hood bumpers

gas door bumpers

Pretty much all the rubber for the truck...I am just about done removing everything for paint and I want new stuff THAT FITS when I put it back together...

Now I have looked on the forum and online for info about this stuff and have a general idea but I would really appreciate opinions from people that have used this stuff...

Thanks in advance.....

And I will post pics as it comes along.....Calm yourselves..lol

• Like 2
  • 5 years later...
5 hours ago, Zonargx said:

Is datsunlandsocal still up? Trying to get some parts but the website takes me to the app store

The owner died, and all of the rubber was sold off. Not sure who bought it all, or where it's being sold now.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Zonargx said:

Anyways I found some window vent seals for a 620 for cheap and I was wondering if they would work on my 521 as to the one for a 521 are more expensive.

No, they do not. I just threw out a set because they don't fit and there's no market for the 620 seals in the US

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Draker said:

The owner died, and all of the rubber was sold off. Not sure who bought it all, or where it's being sold now.

Mike was in the process of having the 521 wing window gaskets made when he passed away.  He gave me a pair of the first proto type  at the the Williams AZ run to try and critique.  There were several fit issues with the first ones and unfortunately he passed before the wing window seals were completed.

• Sad 4