JCCS 2014

MikeRL411

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Already seeing lots of complaining about judging like last year lol

well, when there are that many nice cars/trucks there, someone is bound to feel shorted. I'm sure just about everyone there has enough pride in their ride that they think it has a shot at an award. I would have liked an award for my truck, but the guys that won deserved it just as much. The main reason I go is to see all the hard work other put into their rides, meet old friends and make new ones. An award would just be the icing on the cake.
  • Like 4

As far as I could tell, I was the only Datsun 1200 in the show.  Used to be only one or two b210's / 210's, and now there is a bunch of them.  Someone needs to carry the 1200 torch next year.

I remember the 1st year we had (3) 620s, 1 (320), and a Patrol...that was it for the pickup Category.....all you pickup people are to be congratulated.....

I did get a call from Koji for a photo Shoot with Japanese custom car magazine today,but i politely declined he said there will be more.

Go for it! Two years ago I gave an OK to print my RL411 for release to the Japanese media at the JCCS SHOW. So far my RL411 has appeared on a domestic Japan home page and I have refused an honestly too large offer for my RL411! Afflent Japanese purchensers have just recently found out that the dream cars that they wanted, because when they grew up they were in the back seat, have now become what their parents and who hung on to 'junkers'were really in to it!My nephews who live in Tokyo look to their there occasional visits here in Los Angekes area, not so much to visit the "real Disney Land" as to go to it in my 1967 RL411 sedan.! All good things comes they who says the Good Book,so hang on a few more years!

As one of omly only two 411 sedans at the show, I wasn't there for a dubious plaque, I was there to have a good time and to explain to the very many observers just why Datsun deserved to be the car that their Grandparents should have bought and why it wasn't a Fiat or Lada, but I did have good talks with folk who remembered riding in 411 Taxis in Bangkok, Manilla and Taiwan! No one owned to the Greek airport But they were immortilized in a very early film about jewel smugglers at the Athens airport! The taxi was almost the same color as ny RL411.

It was a very good day for all who attended, I think my sunburn will clear by next week. A hell of the weather improvemnt over 2 years ago, not 109 degrees! The sponsors were still giving frozen water bottles at 2 PM. They were still frozen! Thank you Universal Nissan for the BBQ and water bottles! Now to find my "Daruma chan" in the bottom of my swag bag1

where were you hiding I didnt see you at all and I looked 

congrats I thought that was you but didnt see you go on stage to get the plaque 

Sorry I missed you Randy. I didn't make it on stage until after they were done. Never expected to win anything. I had to run from the back lot after they called my name.

I'm going to enjoy this first looser award. It will more than likely the last one I win. The legend is building a black wagon. And Duncan is also building a wagon. So my days are numbered.

Sorry I missed you Randy. I didn't make it on stage until after they were done. Never expected to win anything. I had to run from the back lot after they called my name.

I'm going to enjoy this first looser award. It will more than likely the last one I win. The legend is building a black wagon. And Duncan is also building a wagon. So my days are numbered.

No Your the legend John. I will never be as cool as you and your hot wheel.

It was a good show, but good god the parking. Had to park in a lot 5 miles away (with crap instructions on how to get there) and be bussed in.

The staff were a bit NAZI ish on letting people with parts in too. Really need to put a cap on that. His words 'Don't want to turn this into a swap meet'. Didn't this show get started kind of as a swap meet? Jay Leno and a few other big names come in and it gets snooty. Kinda irritating. Not gonna lie though. Kinda tantrumed at the front gate until they let me in with it lol.

What was with all the Miata's in the show though? They won't let S13's in but they'll let in Miata's? Doesn't really make too much sense to me.

It was a good show, but good god the parking. Had to park in a lot 5 miles away (with crap instructions on how to get there) and be bussed in.

wow first i heard of that.  same thing happened to this guy stickydiljoe but still had a positive attitude

some great pics in his blog:

http://stickydiljoe.com/2014/09/30/japanese-classic-car-show-2014-coverage-part-1/

wow first i heard of that.  same thing happened to this guy stickydiljoe but still had a positive attitude

some great pics in his blog:

http://stickydiljoe.com/2014/09/30/japanese-classic-car-show-2014-coverage-part-1/

Just glancing at that text is like getting pepper sprayed in the face.

• Like 1

I parked in the Aquarium parking ot and took the bus there, my coworker gave me the heads up so It wasn't so bad. Was more irritated some folks weren't honoring the line system when people were clearly there before them. Luckily I had my family with me and a stroller :rofl: