JCCS 2014

MikeRL411

It was always run or show what you drive and people that strive to get there car here or ready (not shops),get respect and should be in the show without BULL SHIT , send money early, I say we need a new show with different people running it ,at a new location ,different rules , this is like too much ,I say get rid of new shit ,make show 1979 and older , no Hondas unless old ! and sorry zx and newer yotas ae86s love them but need a newer generation show ! and my car needs interior work ,two different front seats ,I don't even try to get in this so called show .

This would be great just a show and shine, he'll ya.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is what they are doing. If it's your first time at JCCS They were asking for a photo of the car. Dave just picked up a really clean Toyota Corona. They asked him for photo's.. he sent a couple and they asked him about a small dent under the tail light. This car is so original it would be a shame to re paint it. So I think they are being pretty pickey about this. Dave's car even still has the plastic on the rear door panels. (From the factory)

I'm not sure if they let him in or not.

We'll John you know them better then any of us here and that will keep a lot of people from going or even giving a shit. Your car my cars none are even close to perfect there asking a lot out of people that fuck with cars and most are on a shoe string budget as it is.

We will see how it goes and what is let in and what is not this year or in a few weeks for that matter.

these changes have been a few years in the making

last year the "barn find" 510 and "bondo art" yota brought it to a head

"

notice they don't fill the venue to the max. spots are left open before registration closes

and now they have 150+ on the waiting list (i'd like to think  most of these are newer cars)

so they're paring down

"

there's always some sweet whips in the parking lot

no cruise ship traffic this year, so get there early and make your own corral

Dont think I can make this but for those that can you should give it a try 

I believe this is being put on by the same guy who puts a show together in Nor Cal 

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/63629-pacifico-santa-monica-pier-special-guests-going/

here is a link to the nor cal show 

lots of cars and lots of styles including ratty ones that are cool too

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/63201-bayline-aug-2-2014-oakland-ca/

you know brad is upset when his even his gibberish is gibberish

It was always run or show what you drive and people that strive to get there car here or ready (not shops),get respect and should be in the show without BULL SHIT , send money early, I say we need a new show with different people running it ,at a new location ,different rules , this is like too much ,I say get rid of new shit ,make show 1979 and older , no Hondas unless old ! and sorry zx and newer yotas ae86s love them but need a newer generation show ! and my car needs interior work ,two different front seats ,I don't even try to get in this so called show .

• Like 2

If people pay money to have their car in a show, then let them in. Their "10th Anniversary, perfect cars only" is kind of ridiculous. I'll still go because I enjoy the classic Japanese car scene, but I don't necessarily agree with everything in the editorial. Do they even have written guidelines of what is and is not allowed in the show?

i have a feeling I will get turned away. Oh well......

• Like 1

I just want to point out that it takes far more dedication, time and effort to get a great patina paint job.  Years!  A showroom shine can be done in a week.  Why would one not respect that?  If it's junk, I get that.  But some cars really do this right and they tend to be the most interesting, charactered, and memorable cars out there.  And those three things are what I want at a car show.    

• Like 1

Well now this is all quite interesting...I have never considered my lil Yelo truck a show car (not even remotely close as a matter of fact)..this year is "our" 10th year of participation and with all that is happening as regards the Quality of the participants entries, I'm wondering if "OL YELLER" will pass the inspection test for next year..ya see this lil truck is an absolute daily driver that I use frequently to go back and forth to work...(probably around 6k a year)...the truck was painted in 2005 and beginning to show his age..still quite "purty", but the lower valance has some rock chips, the front of the hood has some lil chips as well...nothing drastic, but, i'm wondering if....................So ya see, as a Loooooong time participant in this show, I will continue to go and have a good time with the people I meet and the cars that I see there, but, maybe Ill have to get workin on my other truck to get it "show worthy" for next year.............

• Like 1

I just want to point out that it takes far more dedication, time and effort to get a great patina paint job.  And those three things are what I want at a car show.    

So do they.  B)

You will be fine young man, it's mixed colored body panels and rust and stuff like that

This. 

I don't know why so many assume that because they say they don't want "beaters" that it means they must only want "show cars".   :confused:

• Like 1

I must apologize -JCCS, Koji run a great show ,my 510 customer informed me yesterday , on entry form says No BEAT UP CARS !so it's in writing ,he has small rust and some repaired paint and still entered show ,I am helping him make run better ,not painting .Again people threw wood in the fire on internet making me upset .

• Like 1