JCCS 2014

MikeRL411

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s been 10 years since the first JCCS. JNC started a year later in late 2006, and in case you don’t remember the automotive landscape at the time, the idea of a classic Japanese car was considered by many to be laughable. Owning a classic Japanese car was hard. In many parts of the country it was difficult to get a Japanese car accepted into local classic car shows because they were seen as disposable, not worthy of preserving, or simply “Jap crap.”

Now that sentiment has changed for the better, and having a massive show celebrating Japanese cars as classics has done much to change opinions. However, in order for the cars to be respected, we have to respect them ourselves.

a quote 

However, in order for the cars to be respected, we have to respect them ourselves.

It’s been 10 years since the first JCCS. JNC started a year later in late 2006, and in case you don’t remember the automotive landscape at the time, the idea of a classic Japanese car was considered by many to be laughable. Owning a classic Japanese car was hard. In many parts of the country it was difficult to get a Japanese car accepted into local classic car shows because they were seen as disposable, not worthy of preserving, or simply “Jap crap.”

Now that sentiment has changed for the better, and having a massive show celebrating Japanese cars as classics has done much to change opinions. However, in order for the cars to be respected, we have to respect them ourselves.

a quote 

However, in order for the cars to be respected, we have to respect them ourselves.

Dude you stole that from those chuckle heads at that other site. Japanese Classic cars

I for one agree but most cars are junk at least in the Datsun community, registration will dip and it will be Toyota and Mazda there. To me screening would be send photos of your ride and then they send you the invite if they feel your car is worthy to go,not show up and get turned away, there will be a lot of angry people, not me though.

• Like 1

just seeing this show as a car show not a Ratsun event 

I have never been and hope to enjoy myself and hope I want to go again 

I dont agree with turning away at the gate and agree that a photo could help eliminate the problem 

BUT we all know how photos can be some are plain awesome and some are deceiving

as cool as my wifes 1200 is it is not a car I would think I could bring to JCCS

IMG_20140526_204351_136_zpshq4y9fsw.jpg

on the other hand I hope this is worthy 

IMG_20140614_080501_911_zpsskhbq8zu.jpg

junk being the reason for them to step up and say no more this and no more that 

I think it is good to keep an amount of quality to a show and they have made it well known what they view junk to be 

I am excited and cant wait 

I will definitely have to meet you when we are there for some reason I never have seen you at eagle rock , if you have been there 

the funny thing is I can buy a paint job but cant buy the patina the 1200 has it is cool in its own way 

So is my birthday it's the 26th. I got more shit coming in the mail as we speak. The wagon is getting expensive.

not going to go crazy I'm going to just keep it simple 

some guy said this about your wagon but I think he left the thread 

• Like 1

If people pay money to have their car in a show, then let them in. Their "10th Anniversary, perfect cars only" is kind of ridiculous. I'll still go because I enjoy the classic Japanese car scene, but I don't necessarily agree with everything in the editorial. Do they even have written guidelines of what is and is not allowed in the show?

To me screening would be send photos of your ride and then they send you the invite if they feel your car is worthy to go,not show up and get turned away, there will be a lot of angry people, not me though.

I think this is what they are doing. If it's your first time at JCCS They were asking for a photo of the car. Dave just picked up a really clean Toyota Corona. They asked him for photo's.. he sent a couple and they asked him about a small dent under the tail light. This car is so original it would be a shame to re paint it. So I think they are being pretty pickey about this. Dave's car even still has the plastic on the rear door panels. (From the factory)

I'm not sure if they let him in or not.