dat521gatherer's beater thread

dat521gatherer

some fucking butt rocker metal head wanna bee tagged my truck. WTF is that symbol on my hood? :lol: :rolleyes:

SANY1214.jpg

SANY1213.jpg

SANY1212.jpg

well it was time to freshen it up a bit.

SANY1711.jpg

SANY1712.jpg

SANY0007.jpg

SANY0006.jpg

SANY0008.jpg

not having a garage and trying to paint in last weeks wind was some bullshit. I still have the inside on the bed to do. gonna repaint the tailight trims black. i've benn rollin it with one white and one black.

last time i tried to repaint over a year ago i did one side and never did the rest. looked stupid.

i'm thinking white on the rims and just maybe lowering it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn man that sucks about the tagging! i hate that shit! looks good re painted tho! now it all matches. yes a lowering is in order! also, i liked the white stripe, you should rock it again

yeah at least if i lower it i can always put it back. the thing is is i drive it real hard especially up the downtown hills and really work the suspension. i'm definitely am gonna try it.

nice paint job. looks good

thanks rat. after i saw whats his name with your truck before you bought it i knew i had to do mine again. i almost left it primered but git tired of it quickly. i would have only used half the cans of paint had it not all blown down the street on my other cars. :blink:

I see a classic Volvo in the back ground also

yep yep i havent met the neighbor with the volvo yet. they may have sold it to a friend seeing it only comes by randomly now.

freshened up the tail lights and its ready to roll. until the head job comes at least.

redoing the rims next. black or white????? maybe matching red?

0017sanyo.jpg

• 4 months later...

some fucking butt rocker metal head wanna bee tagged my truck. WTF is that symbol on my hood? :lol: :rolleyes:

SANY1214.jpg

SANY1213.jpg

SANY1212.jpg

well it was time to freshen it up a bit.

SANY1711.jpg

SANY1712.jpg

SANY0007.jpg

SANY0006.jpg

SANY0008.jpg

not having a garage and trying to paint in last weeks wind was some bullshit. I still have the inside on the bed to do. gonna repaint the tailight trims black. i've benn rollin it with one white and one black.

last time i tried to repaint over a year ago i did one side and never did the rest. looked stupid.

i'm thinking white on the rims and just maybe lowering it.

If some one tagged my truck with DIO an OZZY, I would shake there hand an say welcome to the Neighbourhood. My Mom would bake them a pie. She is 80. all we get is eastside or ms-13 east oakland / tupac

Update

420n620 thanks for the e-brake handle

jayden71 thanks for the wiper arm

In the last few months I've--

Replaced the thermostat, was running a 160 for reasons I dont remember.190 for winter.

Replaced the fuel filter which was filled with rust.

Hogged out my wiper squirter holes to 1/16 cause they were clogging every few months.

Put shielded wire connectors on my coil. Took care of the miss and erratic tach.

New wires and plugs.

my mud flaps link. As soon as I get some more rubber I'm gonna make some more.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/19965-made-some-oem-stlye-mud-flaps/page__p__277692__hl__%2Bmud+%2Bflaps__fromsearch__1#entry277692

• 5 weeks later...

So I cleaned up my oil gauge recently after spending a couple hours looking for a correct replacement socket with bulb. Its a older stewart warner and I'm not even sure it's a oil gauge but it looks like one. I got both the socket w/bulb and new chrome bezel for dirt cheap on ebay. It was the only correct socket on ebay but I think you can still get them from stewart warner. I also took some black testers model paint and brushed over the chips on the outside ring.

before

SANY0800.jpg

SANY0802.jpg

SANY1128.jpg

after

SANY1163.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gauge needles were falling again. same symptom I stick my hand under the dash and tap the gauge volt red or push on it and the needles pop up. I took the cluster out and looked at it and the terminal was loose on the printed circuit board. So I drilled out the rivet holding it on and replaced it with a tight screw. This means I replaced my gauge volt reg for nothing. :blink:

SANY2170.jpg

SANY2177.jpg

SANY2183.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Whoopsies I brokt it. Gonna go pop my w53 head off and see what the problem is. Sounds like the exhaust is coming through the carb. My guess is a dropped valve seat. I drove it by the machine shop during lunch and he said it sounded like a intake valve is open. He quoted around $300 depending on parts. I know I need valve seats as 3 of them are sunk past the point of any adjustment.

Now I'll get to see if I got flat tops or not.

Whoopsies I brokt it. Gonna go pop my w53 head off and see what the problem is. Sounds like the exhaust is coming through the carb. My guess is a dropped valve seat. I drove it by the machine shop during lunch and he said it sounded like a intake valve is open. He quoted around $300 depending on parts. I know I need valve seats as 3 of them are sunk past the point of any adjustment.

Now I'll get to see if I got flat tops or not.

You need hardened seats, don't use yellow metal seats, otherwise you will be doing it again.

I lost my brass seats in less than a year on my super head, the machine shop guy said if I took my foot out of the pedal, it wouldn't do that, but I had hardened seats installed, and had no more issues for 10 years.

I would say the outers look good, but since the two inner cylinders were connected together by the blown headgasket, they are differant now.

The valves are bigger than the W53 heads that I normally see, I have only had one with these bigger sized valves, my others had small valves, of course mine also had the small intake ports, yours look opened up from what I can see of them.

The piston tops look real clean, do you run premium?

Yeah I run premium about every other or every 3rd tank. Only because I can feel the performance difference and see mileage difference.

I run regular and there is all sorts of crap(build up) on my valves and pistons, but for what I use my truck for, it's the most cost efficient route for me.

I buy on average $100.00 to $200.00 of gas a week.

• 2 weeks later...