Rust Patch or Replace?(Pictures)

Nidraclark

Hello everyone, picked up a 620 yesterday and after pressure washing all the moss off and cleaning the the inside I found some rough spots. Does this look like something that could be patched/removed or cab swap?

Thanks 

DSC_0154_zpse3b6aa3c.jpg

DSC_0120_zpse1bc5357.jpg

DSC_0121_zps7b18479c.jpg

DSC_0122_zps04e9d374.jpg

DSC_0123_zps6a52a7db.jpg

DSC_0124_zps9077384e.jpg

DSC_0125_zps6064ffd3.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on what your time is worth to you.  All of those are "patchable", but cutting out and replacing panels are much faster than fabricaticing custom pieces and fitting them in.  Replacing the cab is the fastest, but probably those most expensive, assuming you can find a good one nearby.

• Like 1

Truck will be used as a light farm truck/daily driver, but I also want it to look nice not show quality at all but like time has been put in. I think for now I am going to focus on making the truck as mechanically sound as possible while exploring cab swap options for down the road.

On an unrelated topic... I know this has been probably been answered but I am already sick of the mile of smog related hoses in the engine bay(Half of which have been disconnected). Can anyone confirm that you can pass smog with most the emissions stuff removed; location is oregon?