...datlife......always Bustin' Nuts......

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this gasket.........

IMG_9349_zpsf9051445.jpg

....but I'm gonna save it for my stock engine build.....don't know where I can get another.....

The only other ones i could get have small port openings......unacceptable....

IMG_9348_zps1340d463.jpg

IMG_9351_zps53926786.jpg

IMG_9352_zps7918bb7e.jpg

Didn't even cross my mind that the engine being taller would cause some fitment issues......

..........fuckin' idiot.....

My beautiful NISMO header does not fit.......

..........had to come up with something fast cuz this had to be running by the end of last weekend....

Made a call to the local guy with the roadster I'm supposed to get back on the road for him....

.....he has a freshly built L20.....complete.....it was gonna be the trade for getting his car running....

.................so I asked him of I could rip the header off as a pre-payment......

IMG_9354_zpsd1d5b939.jpg

IMG_9357_zpsbdf25c46.jpg

IMG_9358_zps64074bb5.jpg

IMG_9359_zpsdcbbebb9.jpg

Isnt it better to put the head on first then do the chain top down ? Instead of installing chain wedge set up, bottom up?

Putting head 1st you can get the chain even tighter and adjust the slack side guide even better.

those headers will rust out fast. I had mine ceramic coated but never ran it as scared it will leak. Seems loose on the exhaust bolts. would have sold it to ya

the Felpro intake/exhaust gasteks are the 1.5 inch intake size holes. cheap about 12$

chome valve cover and that motor wwill look PIMPIN!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Isnt it better to put the head on first then do the chain top down ? Instead of installing chain wedge set up, bottom up?

Putting head 1st you can get the chain even tighter and adjust the slack side guide even better.

those headers will rust out fast. I had mine ceramic coated but never ran it as scared it will leak. Seems loose on the exhaust bolts. would have sold it to ya

the Felpro intake/exhaust gasteks are the 1.5 inch intake size holes. cheap about 12$

chome valve cover and that motor wwill look PIMPIN!!!!!!!

You've got your way....I've got mine.....

......I don't like slipping the front cover on after the head is installed.....more room for leaks....

Just how I do it......

...and what is up with everyone want a chrome V/C??

Can't tell you how many people at swap meets just walk up and tell me I need to buy their V/C because it would look great on my engine....

If I wanted your V/C..........

......................I would have bought it.

Take a guess why I don't have that fancy/your V/C............................................

Thank you for not painting over the freeze plugs.

I would never.......

• Like 5

Thanks. I have NOS ones I bought with the intention of using them when replacing my stock L16 with the L20B I picked up but have heard comments that that would make the fitment tight. They are NOS for the 510 not NOS for the L20B which I think means they are not quite as tall. 

• Like 1
  • Busta Nut changed the title to ...datlife......always Bustin' Nuts......