Who the fawk is trying to sell my truck?

]2eDeYe

I totally hear you! Being an illustrator, I hear copyright issues all the time from peers.

When I was starting out I would often have to sign away my copyright in order to land a gig. The worse trasgression that happened from that signoff was from a piece I did for Dungeons and Dragons. THink I got paid $150 for it. A year later I see that D&D let another company use the art for a nintendo gameboy game box!! That nintendo gig would have been 4-10K. But I signed it away so it was my fault.

That shit can be painful. Here it is.

561612_45121_front.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally hear you! Being an illustrator, I hear copyright issues all the time from peers.

When I was starting out I would often have to sign away my copyright in order to land a gig. The worse trasgression that happened from that signoff was from a piece I did for Dungeons and Dragons. THink I got paid $150 for it. A year later I see that D&D let another company use the art for a nintendo gameboy game box!! That nintendo gig would have been 4-10K. But I signed it away so it was my fault.

That shit can be painful. Here it is.

561612_45121_front.jpg

fisch, I would HATE to walk through a store and know that after I sold the rights to art like that, then see it all over the place?? I only ever sign the rights to job specific projects (room additions, patio covers, etc). If you want that addition in the same neighborhood, on a similar house, then knock yourself out. Heck, build 20 of 'em, I made my money. I had a guy once who just removed my logo from the top of some plans and started the permit process with them. I hit the roof. So I told him that if he continues, I will have to charge him. He asked how much. I came up with a number double what I would have charged to begin with. He started to balk at the price until I said that 'he will hear from my attorney'. Funny how the checkbook flew right out of his pocket to square up.

Like I said, watermark your pics Ratsun-ers!

Yep, tool...and a broken one at that...

Last PM from the guy...he won't delete the ad.

"yo i sold the truck to one of my friends locally but i put it as sold we just have to wait for it to go away... my bad bro but all we can do is wait"

Well I won't wait any longer, and feel I've been more than patient. All he needed to do was edit or delete the ad.

Oh well, he's now banned from here...not that he did anything on this forum other than steal my pic :rolleyes: