fake weber

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute, so everyone is ok buying real Nike shoes, made in a sweatshop in Thailand, but it's not ok to buy a real licensed carb made in China? I don't see the logic here. In reality *real* Webers were stopped being made a long time ago. Going by the Chinese=fake logic, even the Spain ones are knock-offs. Frickin even your Briggs-and-Stratton American lawn mower is now made in China. It's unfortunately how the world works now.

Put the carb on and see if it works. If it does, then you're good. If it doesn't, get ahold of the people who sold it to you.

• Like 7

Wait a minute, so everyone is ok buying real Nike shoes, made in a sweatshop in Thailand, but it's not ok to buy a real licensed carb made in China? I don't see the logic here. In reality *real* Webers were stopped being made a long time ago. Going by the Chinese=fake logic, even the Spain ones are knock-offs. Frickin even your Briggs-and-Stratton American lawn mower is now made in China. It's unfortunately how the world works now.

Put the carb on and see if it works. If it does, then you're good. If it doesn't, get ahold of the people who sold it to you.

That! All of it!

The Genuine European Weber have the trademark "W" stamped into the carburetor and is clearly marked with its origin "Made in Spain"

P1010010_zpse12731f5.jpg

P1010009_zpse4720032.jpg

The 38 on right was also bought from Redline and has identical markings

P8140002-1.jpg

If one does a little research on 'Weber' carbs sold by Webercarbsdirect etc....you will find out that they wear out pretty quick and or hard to tune right out of the box

• Like 2

The thing with stuff made in China isn't so much that its worse its the fact that there isn't the same quality control, infact it might even be better if your lucky, that is the best guy at the factory made it. When my biz is slow I'll sometimes work at my friends guitar shop, SOME of the Chinese nock off guitars are hands down higher quality and have more balls; very HOT sounding and responsive.  

Same with Harbor Freight, now and then I'll come across a grinder or diamond wheel that will just never die. 

• Like 1

I can't speak with any real experience on this particular type of "weber". However, I have had my fair amount of dealings with these, which are a weber IDF copy from China.

http://www.appletreeauto.com/DUAL-44-HPMX-EMPI-CARB-KIT-47-7319-0/?gclid=CN3inIrUhr8CFQiUfgodAaQAoQ

What I find with these, is a few guys that I know have bought them, tell me they have tuned for days and they still suck. Here is what I have found....When I take them totally apart, right down until there is nothing but a cast body left, the parts, ports and all the other jazz is not really much different from one of the made in Spain IDF carbs that everyone loves. The difference is Q.C. I have found bent floats, cross threaded screws and the real biggy is that many times, they are full of trash right out of the box. Chunks of casting material, fuzz, dirt, really nasty. Once I get them all cleaned out, all the stuff adjusted as it should be and then tune them, you can't tell the difference between that and a real one. BUT...who the fuck wants to pull apart a brand new carb and spend a couple hours working on it before you install it? Might as well get a used one and do the same thing while saving a few hundred bucks.

• Like 1

I can't speak with any real experience on this particular type of "weber". However, I have had my fair amount of dealings with these, which are a weber IDF copy from China.

http://www.appletreeauto.com/DUAL-44-HPMX-EMPI-CARB-KIT-47-7319-0/?gclid=CN3inIrUhr8CFQiUfgodAaQAoQ

What I find with these, is a few guys that I know have bought them, tell me they have tuned for days and they still suck. Here is what I have found....When I take them totally apart, right down until there is nothing but a cast body left, the parts, ports and all the other jazz is not really much different from one of the made in Spain IDF carbs that everyone loves. The difference is Q.C. I have found bent floats, cross threaded screws and the real biggy is that many times, they are full of trash right out of the box. Chunks of casting material, fuzz, dirt, really nasty. Once I get them all cleaned out, all the stuff adjusted as it should be and then tune them, you can't tell the difference between that and a real one. BUT...who the fuck wants to pull apart a brand new carb and spend a couple hours working on it before you install it? Might as well get a used one and do the same thing while saving a few hundred bucks.

Not to get off subject but YO SMOKE????

Do you ever get into these hydrogen conversion kits. Looks interesting, Apparently better MPG.  

waterfuelprocessor.jpg

Water-methanol injection is a small amount of water spray injected into the engine to prevent detonation thus allowing more compression. The methanol is to prevent the water from freezing.

It can be used with any carb (not just Weber) or used with fuel injection.

Water-methanol injection is a small amount of water spray injected into the engine to prevent detonation thus allowing more compression. The methanol is to prevent the water from freezing.

It can be used with any carb (not just Weber) or used with fuel injection.

The ethanol is there more to absorb heat by evaporation and reduce the air temp. The water absorbs heat in the combustion chamber and turns to steam.

So I finally had the time to attempt to put the new Carb on but to my dissatisfaction the adapter plate doesn't fit the intake manifold and the Carb doesn't even fit on the adapter plate. So ill just return it and get a genuine Weber from spain or whatever. Plus I know a Guy who can get me a discount!

Found out something the other day. Very useful news for anyone dealing with Weber and parts for them. Redline is owned by WORLDPAC, one of the largest parts distributors for dealers and shops in the world. Makes getting parts a lot easier and LOCAL instead of dealing with shipping, returns, etc. And Advance Auto just bought out Carquest who owned WORLDPAC.

http://www.worldpac.com

Did you actually buy it direct from them or from some eBay seller?

i bought it from their website. http://www.webercarbsdirect.com. i also have seen them on ebay

Found out something the other day. Very useful news for anyone dealing with Weber and parts for them. Redline is owned by WORLDPAC, one of the largest parts distributors for dealers and shops in the world. Makes getting parts a lot easier and LOCAL instead of dealing with shipping, returns, etc. And Advance Auto just bought out Carquest who owned WORLDPAC.

http://www.worldpac.com

i know a great porsche mechanic who gets his parts through worldpac so ill have him order up me one and ill get a discount  :thumbup:

i bought it from their website. http://www.webercarbsdirect.com. i also have seen them on ebay

i know a great porsche mechanic who gets his parts through worldpac so ill have him order up me one and ill get a discount  :thumbup:

Dude just get all this shit    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-510-610-Pickup-Weber-Conversion-Kit-/271280922121?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f299a5e09&vxp=mtr

$T2eC16F,!yEE9s5jDV0RBSO34,rP+!~~60_57.J

Ha! Fake redline boxes.

Best to buy from a store where you can take it back if you have problems.

I bought my 38/38 from that company...................... off Ebay...........in that same box.

Genuine Weber......Made in Spain

You can tell by the pics they provided in the ad that it is not a knock-off

• Like 2